Handgun purchace form....

PDA

haole_boySS
May 16, 2007, 07:56 PM
Is it the ATF 4473 that we fill out to purchase a handgun or is that the form for rifles and shotguns?
I'm a maryland resident and have the 7 day wait. either way, does someone have a link to the handgun form that I can print out to show a friend or is that not legal??

Andy

If you enjoyed reading about "Handgun purchace form...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jorg Nysgerrig
May 16, 2007, 08:21 PM
The 4473 is for both handguns and long guns.

You can see a sample here:
http://www.atf.gov/forms/4473/

cousinelmer1
May 16, 2007, 08:22 PM
4473 is the form!

alligator94
May 16, 2007, 08:29 PM
In Maryland I believe you will have to fill out several other state forms as well for a handgun or an "assault rifle". Not to mention giving the state police a shell casing, (none of which have ever been used in court):what:

haole_boySS
May 16, 2007, 09:12 PM
thats the form i'm thinking about. its a MSP form for the regulated firearm (handgun).
I dont remember if there is a # on that form or not.

thanks

Andy

FXWG
May 16, 2007, 11:08 PM
Not to mention giving the state police a shell casing, (none of which have ever been used in court)

In some states, that is done by the dealer when you buy the rifle/pistol. You have no say in the matter. Luckily, Florida is not one of those states.

If you enjoyed reading about "Handgun purchace form...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!