Train your family

PDA

Oleg Volk
May 17, 2007, 02:58 PM
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/20127-2/train9956.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Train your family" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
springmom
May 17, 2007, 03:56 PM
This one is super, too. Keep 'em coming. Good, concise caption. Those are important, I think, in really getting the message across.

Springmom

TallPine
May 17, 2007, 04:14 PM
Looks like she has him well trained ;)

redneckrepairs
May 17, 2007, 04:17 PM
Good thought , not your best work with an image .

30 cal slob
May 17, 2007, 04:18 PM
bah. she needs an EBR.

Gus Dddysgrl
May 17, 2007, 04:30 PM
Love it! Looks like one you did with you and another woman. I love it.

mustanger98
May 17, 2007, 04:30 PM
Who needs an AR when you know how to use the old double-barrel shotgun? Also, a Winchester or Marlin levergun would do quite well in this application. I rather like my Mini-14 in this roll too, but I'm sure plenty of guys may or may not agree. It's all up to the operator to make it work.

If I were looking to change anything, that shotgun would have 20" barrels for better manuevering indoors. But like Clint Smith is quoted as saying about longer barrels indoors, "if they grab my gun, they better hang on because I'm lighting them up and it's going to be an E ticket ride."

TCB in TN
May 17, 2007, 06:30 PM
I am trying to get my wife to really learn to shoot. She has done some, and is OK, but far from the level of profeciency that I would like for her to have. Were the STHTF I would probably rely more on my 13year old son to hold down things in reserve. He is much more profecient and honestly has more of the proper demeaner to handle things.

ArfinGreebly
May 17, 2007, 07:11 PM
Is it just me or is that gun angled down a little much?

Unless the home invader is a dog?

Or maybe she's pointing down the stairs?

There's no visual context.

jfh
May 17, 2007, 07:42 PM
I will yammer at you again: Less words!

How about these lines:

1. Back up your spouse.

2. BACKUP.

3. Train your family.

4. Family Planning: BACKUP.

Jim H.

blackhawk2000
May 17, 2007, 07:50 PM
Hey! They ain't married!!

Furncliff
May 17, 2007, 07:52 PM
I like the fact that she was in the lead, and he was calling 911. That women is a keeper.

Heavy Metal Hero
May 17, 2007, 07:55 PM
Less words!

I agree. Fewer is more.

BOONER
May 17, 2007, 08:10 PM

Unless the home invader is a dog?

Or maybe she's pointing down the stairs?

There's no visual context.

Maybe she is covering the downed dead person.

Hey! They ain't married!!
No but they could be, since they had ice cream the other night?

Look at Barb back that thing Up...:evil:

blackhawk2000
May 17, 2007, 08:32 PM
Oh really...they would make a nice couple:D

First ACTS wedding?

mustanger98
May 17, 2007, 08:37 PM
So everybody's griping about wordiness... IMO, it's just fine like it is.

BOONER
May 17, 2007, 08:39 PM
What kind of flowers go with AR's, John?

sm
May 17, 2007, 08:40 PM
I like it.

I would just cut the caption to :

Home invasion ?

Family Trained

~~

Edit out the male and just show Barbara with the caption:

Trained to Protect the home

~~
A child with a cell phone, the shadow outline of a BG spread eagle, Barbara covering Perp with a knife...

Home Invasion?
Trained Family.

Granted I do have a tacky comment of the kid asking for the meat wagon instead of a Police officer...

blackhawk2000
May 17, 2007, 08:46 PM
I like orchids.

Barbara
May 17, 2007, 08:52 PM
:what:

BOONER
May 17, 2007, 08:56 PM
So barb, what flowers.... tell us..

Barbara
May 17, 2007, 09:02 PM
Funeral arrangements if you two keep it up.

Nice pic, Oleg. Wood and steel. :)

blackhawk2000
May 17, 2007, 09:43 PM
Bad choice of words Barb...

hexidismal
May 17, 2007, 09:58 PM
I like this one. It's concise and it's point is obvious. Also, I like the choice of firearms. Actually Oleg, while on the subject .. Personally I'd like to see more of your images, which are intended to promote gun ownership for defensive purposes, use more common and accessible firearms. I believe that the images which feature fancy modded out EBRs are pretty, but they defeat the purpose some. The people who will be most attracted to those images are the ones who don't need to be convinced.

pax
May 18, 2007, 01:26 AM
Great poster, Oleg. I really like this one. :D

pax

skinnyguy
May 18, 2007, 01:48 AM
Sometimes words are necessary to EDUCATE. Teaching, passing information, and provoking thought are sometimes hard to do with just a couple of words.

Oleg, keep producing this fine material you've been putting out. The gripers just seem to me like they'd complain about getting a brand new car for free because it's the wrong color.

30 cal slob
May 18, 2007, 11:46 AM

not if she's about to emasculate a home invader.

Oleg Volk
May 18, 2007, 12:00 PM
I meant to show the moment after a shoot-down, with the guy now holstering and talking to 911. The lady covers the intruder remains with the remaining barrel.

Texfire
May 18, 2007, 12:02 PM
Might consider a play on Life Partners with an emphasis on partners.

Tex

Oleg Volk
May 18, 2007, 12:07 PM
Might work. I get enough emails from "unmarried" same-sex couples who train together to make inclusive language worthwhile.

Teufelhunden
May 18, 2007, 08:49 PM
I think we can slim the text down, but not necessarily to the extreme some others have opined. Perhaps simply: 'Can your spouse back you up?' and leave off the scenario context? After all, one's spouse might have to back them up in places and occasions other than in the home...

Including unions beyond spouse is a good idea, but I can't think of a term aside from 'mate' that will catch everyone. Perhaps 'mate' is good enough. Maybe 'Can your family back you up?' and at the bottom 'Train (with) them!'

-Teuf

Texfire
May 18, 2007, 09:18 PM
Well I wasn't really thinking of non-traditional relationships, though it's a valid point. I was trying to alude to a you are partners in everything else, why not in defending the family also sense. Your Partner is also your "partner". But inclusive is good.

Tex

If you enjoyed reading about "Train your family" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!