Which one?

PDA

azhunter12
May 18, 2007, 11:17 PM
Hi. I have just got into the ak world and have been wondering what gun would be better/more fun/easier. My choices are: Wasr 2 or a Sar 1. What is your favorite caliber out of the 2? The wasr is slightly cheaper. I have heard good and bad things about the wasr and haven't heard too much about the sar except that they are slightly better than the wasr. I can't decide which one to pick. Please direct me to the better choice. Thanks. AZhunter.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eightball
May 19, 2007, 12:27 AM
Well....I like my WASR. No problems, ever.

jrfoxx
May 19, 2007, 03:16 PM
I voted wasr.Got mine 2 years ago, and havent had a single issue with it at all.It's plenty accurate for a gun that isn't intended for hunting and/or serious target shooting.Most people will say the sar is more accurate and better built (Ihave no personal experiance with them), but the wasr is quite a bit cheaper, and seems to do what its intended to just fine, so why pay more? ust my opinion, based on what I use mine for....fun plinkng and serious SHTF.
Oh, and I like my ak's in 7.62x39.Ammo is cheaper (last I looked anyhow, although not by a whole lot anymore...), relatively close to 30-30 in power/performance, and just because it's what they were designed to shoot.Just my personal tastes/opinions though, nothing wrong per se with the other models/calibers.

AK103K
May 19, 2007, 05:27 PM
I voted SAR.

I have both, and other than the mag well difference, there really is no difference. The SAR's are technically "correct". My WASR is an early one, is actually prettier, has straighter sights and came with no slap. I did have to replace the trigger group with the SAR, but even with the slightly canted sights, it shoots well.

I wouldnt pay more for the SAR, just because its a SAR.

Nomad, 2nd
May 19, 2007, 08:38 PM
Whichever's cheaper.

If I were buying it to shoot alot... 5.45x39.
If I were buying it to shoot someone... 7.62x39

SJDigriz
May 19, 2007, 08:51 PM
Find one that works and buy it. Check out the "List of things to check on a WASR" before buying. Century imported SAR's as long as they could, when SAR's weren't available they converted the lo-cap WASR's. Other than the dimples, there really isn't much difference.

SAR is no better than WASR.

Either one will work for what it was designed for.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!