Springfield Armory P9

PDA

nelson133
May 19, 2007, 10:16 PM
I picked up this pistol today. It is in excellent condition and I ran 200 rounds through it without a problem. It is a da/sa with 2 15 round magazines which appears to be based on the CZ75.. Because of the weight, I assume it is a steel frame. Any information on the gun would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Armory P9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfariswheel
May 20, 2007, 01:15 AM
The Springfield P9 was a "clone" of the Czech CZ-75.

Like almost all such clones, the P9 was actually made in Italy by Tanfoglio Brothers, and finished by Springfield.
These Tanfoglio guns are very nice, and the P9 was possibly the best quality of them all.
The P9 was a very reliable, accurate gun, and quality was very good.
It's all steel, with a cast frame and slide, and really nice walnut grips.

These Tanfoglio guns are noted for having one of the best double action triggers of the CZ type guns, and has the ability to be carried cocked and locked, or used as a double action.

The same basic gun is now imported by European American Armory (EAA) as the Witness series.
EAA sells all parts, accessories, and spare magazines, almost all of which will interchange with the P9.

Here's a link to an EAA Witness owner's manual which is the same as a P9 manual:
http://stevespages.com/pdf/eaa_witness.pdf

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Armory P9" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!