OK........I now have a problem

PDA

dude
June 21, 2003, 05:40 PM
At the ripe old age of 40 (never though I'd make it to 30!) my gun collection now gives away my age. Gone are the 'black rifles' w/pistol grips and 30 round mags........ in the last 10 years:AR(s), FN, Mini-14 GB, AUG, Valmet 76, Galile(SP), HK 91/93, M14.

Now I only seen to enjoy WWII era guns, a single auto pistol(P7) a few .22s and my snazzy IMI Timberwolf pump-action rifle along with some yuppie revolvers. The .308 Garand, .30 Carbine and .308 Styer Mauser 98 get shot the most thses days. AND I can't tell y'all how much I am looking foward to putting together my GI/no frills 1911 next week!!!

Yes, I made ALOT of $$$ selling off the Black rifles over the years. 'Course the SKS will never go because the ammo is sooooo cheap but I don't even shoot it much anymores............

Only one mag fed rifle & pistol in the collection.............GOD have I gotten that old!!

PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

If you enjoyed reading about "OK........I now have a problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ed Brunner
June 21, 2003, 05:52 PM
Not hardly!

J Miller
June 21, 2003, 05:55 PM
dude,

I don't have any black guns either. All mine have wood and steel.
Well, maybe a bit of aluminum too.

I don't even have any self loading battle rifles. All I got is bolt rifles.

Your not old, I'm older'n you.

dude
June 21, 2003, 05:59 PM
thanks!!

..............I feel better(ish)

BallisticTip
June 21, 2003, 07:25 PM
Never get rid of your black rifles, one day you will say I wish I still had my, black rifles. :D

armabill
June 21, 2003, 08:01 PM
Stay on the dark side!

BTW, I'm 58. So age doesn't matter.

P95Carry
June 21, 2003, 08:19 PM
I'm 58 also .... but I effect a compromize ....... sorta 50/50 ........ seems to work .... and i still keep buying stuff!!:rolleyes:

Ian
June 21, 2003, 08:40 PM
My uncle did something like that, dude. I grabbed the only black rifle he had left by the time I took up shooting. :)

Freightman
June 21, 2003, 09:04 PM
You are just mear children compaired to me, and you ain't getting my black guns!
I also love bolt guns and lever guns and single shot guns and auto pistols and revolvers.
Humm! I sound like a GUN NUT!

armabill
June 21, 2003, 09:49 PM
Nut, No. Enthusiast, yes!!

telewinz
June 21, 2003, 10:10 PM
At the ripe old age of 51 I've been buying nothing but "black rifles" and post WW2 semi-auto military rifles. I must have been buying when you were selling.:D I have a fear that our bolt-action rifles will be around alot longer than our self-loaders. :uhoh: I collect them as much for myself as for my kids, I know they will treasure them later, much later.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "OK........I now have a problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!