Feral hog with air rifle ad campaign

PDA

bclark1
May 23, 2007, 01:12 AM
http://www.gamousa.com/Videos/62_wmv.htm

There's the video. I looked it up because it's the subject matter for ads running in field and stream for the past few months, where I noticed it.

Anyone else feel like this is a little off-base? You could probably also kill anything shooting it in the eye at close distance with an airgun, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing to encourage. While this is certainly just a little bit of puffery, I tend to think companies dealing with hunting (and all shooting, for that matter) need to take a stand to harvest ethically - and ethical hunting, in my opinion, means using enough gun to harvest cleanly, even if your shot doesn't go exactly as you planned. It's not even so much about the hunters buying their products as general public opinion as well. If the moral reasons aren't compelling enough, it just seems to me there should be solid business reasons as well.

So what's everyone think, is anyone else concerned, or am I just being alarmist?

If you enjoyed reading about "Feral hog with air rifle ad campaign" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ABTOMAT
May 23, 2007, 11:18 AM
See about ten posts down.

bclark1
May 23, 2007, 03:53 PM
ah - i had done a search, but specifically included "gamo" in my search terms, i guess it wasn't checking threads like i'd thought. oopsidaisy!

If you enjoyed reading about "Feral hog with air rifle ad campaign" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!