Hunting in Poland

PDA

Justyna25
May 23, 2007, 07:55 PM
Although Poland is relatively far, I would like to post an invitation to our website - where you will find a bit of info about what and when and where to hunt in Poland (and much more).
www.polishculture.co.uk - see you there!

If you enjoyed reading about "Hunting in Poland" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Afy
May 24, 2007, 04:42 PM
dont see a page for hunting and prices...

Sharps-shooter
May 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
Hunting
Hunting in Poland is characterised by very old, rich and colourful traditions. In Jan D?ugosz’ chronicles we can make ourselves acquainted with, among other things, a description of an
eight-day hunting, performed in 1409 by King Ladislas-Jagiello with his retinue within the area of the Bia?owie?a Forest. Let us just add that this wonderful, primeval forest was a
hunting area rigorously reserved for sovereigns and their guests over a number of centuries.
Today’s hunters – gathered in the Polish Hunting Association which has recently celebrated its eightieth birthday – cultivate old customs and ceremonials with care. They accept
novices into the hunting circle in a very solemn manner, including an oath, a hunting baptism and an acknowledgement as a hunter, similarly to a knight. The hunting’s king is grandly
announced and given a rousing welcome and so is, naturally, the season’s king. Every hunting begins with signals given out by a hunting horn, the same one being used for centuries. The
association holds various training courses, for example for trumpeters, falconers and those decoying game as well as several hunting competitions and championships – regional,
nationwide and international ones. Simultaneously, it stands on guard of hunting law which is binding in Poland.
Hunting areas in Poland occupy approximately 2.5 mln of hectares, including old forests fragments, such as the Forest of Augustów, Bia?owie?a, Knyszyn, Note?, Kozienice as well as
vast woods, namely those of Tuchola, Sandomierz or Lower Silesia.
Coming to Poland from different corners of the world, hunters have usually their own preferences. Germans and Scandinavians are particularly interested in elk, deer and wild boar
hunting, while Austrians, Italians and French frequently prefer small game and have a big choice: foxes, martens, American minks, polecats, hares and wild rabbits and, last but not least:
fowl: hazel grouse and partridges, pheasants, grey herons, wild geese of three kinds: hybrids and teal, wood-cock and bald coot.

J.Z.

There tis. I dare say I've heard the words dumb and american used together as well (frequently to describe myself). No need to insult an entire population over the deeds of one member.

bclark1
May 31, 2007, 09:52 PM
-

If you enjoyed reading about "Hunting in Poland" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!