Chuck Schumer Gets Tick Bite

PDA

Str8Shooter
May 24, 2007, 08:58 PM
Just thought I'd post this in case any of you would like to send cards or notes of sympathy. To keep this gun-related, note that he's taking shots and has a bull's-eye.

Schumer Being Treated After Tick Bite
From Associated Press
May 24, 2007 6:47 PM EDT
WASHINGTON - Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., is receiving treatment to prevent lyme disease after being bitten by a tick during a recent tour of dams in upstate New York.

Schumer, a senator since 1998, apparently was bitten during a May 7 dam tour in the Hudson Valley region. He and other lawmakers have called for improvements to many small dams in the area to prevent flooding.

"I went tramping through the woods with Congressman John Hall to check dams," the senator said.

He later found a tick, and spotted a telltale "bulls-eye" mark on his leg that is an early sign of infection.

Schumer is now undergoing a 21-day treatment with antibiotics, which can cause fatigue in some patients.

He said he hasn't noticed any symptoms besides the initial bulls-eye mark, and is being treated "to prevent it from developing into the disease."

Lyme disease is transmitted by the black-legged tick, also known as the deer tick.

Symptoms include lethargy, joint pain, fever, limping and loss of appetite. Even after treatment, symptoms can recur in some patients.

Last summer, amid concerns that a new, aggressive type of tick had migrated from southern states to New York, Schumer proposed legislation that would have authorized $100 million for Lyme disease research.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chuck Schumer Gets Tick Bite" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TallPine
May 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
I wasn't aware that ticks were cannabilistic ...??????

gezzer
May 24, 2007, 09:10 PM
To bad it wasn't a rattler

BigG
May 24, 2007, 09:10 PM
I wasn't aware that ticks were cannabilistic Bwahahahahaha!

lawson4
May 24, 2007, 09:12 PM
^^^^^^
Not very THR, but funny nonetheless.:)

lawson4

kcmarine
May 24, 2007, 09:14 PM
Wimp...

Sage of Seattle
May 24, 2007, 09:15 PM
To bad it wasn't a rattler

That was pretty hiss-terical, gezzer!

Cacique500
May 24, 2007, 09:15 PM
I'm sure the tick died of blood poisoning...

fjolnirsson
May 24, 2007, 09:27 PM
Aw heck, I hope he doesn't get all squiddy on us...start growing extra limbs and stealing women to breed his worms in....

Sorry, I've watched Slither a few too many times...

Flyboy
May 24, 2007, 09:32 PM
You'd think there'd be some professional courtesy....

SDC
May 24, 2007, 10:06 PM
Maybe he'll get a case of Lyme Disease to go with his case of Lying Disease.

Autolycus
May 24, 2007, 10:09 PM
Sadly so many people cannot take the high road. It really does make the gun movement look bad when you wish death upon other people who disagree with you.

Henry Bowman
May 24, 2007, 10:42 PM
He later found a tick, and spotted a telltale "bulls-eye" mark on his leg that is an early sign of infection.So many easy lines here. But, alas, none are high road. We don't have to wish him ill to notice the irony spelled out in the report.

pax
May 24, 2007, 10:45 PM
Not finding anything related to firearms or civil rights here.

Closed.

(And ... sheesh, this is news??? Worth a press release??? :rolleyes: )

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "Chuck Schumer Gets Tick Bite" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!