I've been tearing my hair out here

PDA

Derek Zeanah
May 30, 2007, 10:12 AM
Waaaay too much downtime there, but the attack apparently continued until this morning, due to a host that wasn't available over the long weekend. Since my ISP is incapable or unwilling to block the incoming traffic based on where it was coming from, that meant THR was down in the mean time. Leaving the traffic incoming wouldn't have helped, as there was still enough traffic coming in to swamp our connection; blocking it meant my other sites stayed up.

Will we go down again this week? I have no idea.

I'm still looking into a provider that can handle THR better. I just need someone who'll let me park my server in their rack, rather than renting a server -- paying for a server to run THR would be something like $400/month, and we've already got the hardware paid for and assembled.

If you've got any solid leads, please let me know via e-mail. I'll be on infrequently for the remainder of the week as other aspects of life are requiring my full attention right now.

Sorry for the outage. Our move will require downtime of about a day once we start, but at least you'll have some warning...

If you enjoyed reading about "I've been tearing my hair out here" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
benedict1
May 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
I just sent you a Pay Pal donation. Why not put a stickie at the top of each forum tellin how to make Pay Pal donations?

Also, where you showed your email address it had a couple of invalid spaces so cut and paste into Pay Pal showed an error, easily corrected, but some guys might miss those spaces and get frustrated.

tydephan
May 30, 2007, 11:25 AM
Derek,

Thanks for the effort. We appreciate all that you do.

John

morcoth
May 30, 2007, 11:56 AM
Please contact me about hosting, I manage/rent 4u rackspace for $100 USD per month to our local Las Vegas Customers.

I could probabaly convince the owners to waive the setup.

Morcoth

-- Checked that my email is correct.

kd7nqb
May 30, 2007, 12:07 PM
nice to see that we are back. Thanks for working hard on this one.

Old Fuff
May 30, 2007, 08:37 PM
Derek:

Hey, slow down… Take a deep breath. :cool:

It wasn’t easy, but we all survived. There was life before The High Road, and there will be life after you get things fixed. Your job is to get the fixing done. Ours is to be sure that you and Oleg have the financial resources to make it happen. Those of us that want The High Road will support it with bucks. The others who are all mouth don’t matter.

What goes around, comes around. Sooner or later the jerk behind all of this will make a mistake. Then we’ll see. :evil:

Meantime, don’t worry about us. One way or another we’ll make it. Killing yourself off is not part of the job description… ;)

Thin Black Line
May 30, 2007, 11:23 PM
Attacks? Bad Packets?

I figured you guys were just paid a visit by the Alabama DHS.

If you enjoyed reading about "I've been tearing my hair out here" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!