Beer-fueled revolver ideas...

PDA

Tamara
June 22, 2003, 09:36 PM
Having seen the 329PD, I found myself wondering today just how many .22 LR/.22 WMR holes could be bored in a titanium N-frame cylinder.

11? 12? 13?

Uber Kit Gun, anyone? :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Beer-fueled revolver ideas..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
June 22, 2003, 09:42 PM
So would this be an N-Framed gun ? Or just an N-Frame cylinder ?

Tamara
June 22, 2003, 09:43 PM
Oh, an N-frame gun, to minimize tooling changes. Just use a thicker aluminum barrel shroud with a smaller-diameter steel barrel sleeve.

Delmar
June 22, 2003, 10:00 PM
Tamara,
If you can get them to build one, push for another chambered for the new .17 and an 8 3/8ths barrel, would ya?

Dave R
June 23, 2003, 01:38 AM
Is Delmar planning to use a revolver for Prarie Dog hunting ;)

Tamara, you should be able to figger it out with calipers and tracing paper. You wouldn't need a whole lot of cylinder wall between chambers for .22LR. Maybe a bit more for WMR.

I wonder if N-frame owners would buy 'em as practice guns? Keep your N-frame skills up for pennies a session...

WonderNine
June 23, 2003, 02:37 AM
I'd much rather have a .22 mag autoloader, but that's just me. :cool:

But then, .22 mags are so ridiculously overpriced, what's the point? :rolleyes:

cordex
June 23, 2003, 02:38 AM
I clicked on this link half expecting Tamara to be proposing an auto-revolver based on Bender's power supply.

Phyphor
June 23, 2003, 05:10 AM
Same here. I was actually wondering how the hell you'd get Beer to touch off well enough to propel bullets....

And who'd want to waste good beer doing that? Unless you used crap like Mad Dog and King Cobra / Natural ice....

Smoke
June 23, 2003, 12:44 PM
Still, beer and guns make for good discussions.

I also beleive most of the better ideas of the last 500 years were originated over a good beer.

Drink another Tamara, let's see what other good ideas you have!

Owen
June 23, 2003, 02:24 PM
The N frame cylinder is probably large enough for two rings of chamber holes. You would have an upper barrel and a lower barrel. I figure you could get about 20 rounds that way

owen (HA NO BEER REQUIRED!!)

Schuey2002
June 23, 2003, 03:07 PM
Drink another Tamara, let's see what other good ideas you have!

Yeah! Keep drinkin', Tamara. Who knows what uber-cool weapon you may come up with?! :D

OBTW, how much will one in .22lr cost?;)

goon
June 24, 2003, 12:47 PM
Same here. I was actually wondering how the hell you'd get Beer to touch off well enough to propel bullets....

And who'd want to waste good beer doing that? Unless you used crap like Mad Dog and King Cobra / Natural ice....

I was kinda expecting that myself.

The N frame cylinder is probably large enough for two rings of chamber holes. You would have an upper barrel and a lower barrel. I figure you could get about 20 rounds that way

owen (HA NO BEER REQUIRED!!)

It has been done before. I think it was some belgian outfit. The gun mounted to your wrist with a strap and the trigger was this big lever with a ring on it. Had two barrel and held alot of ammo. I think the frame hinged upward for loading.

vulcan
June 24, 2003, 12:51 PM
This is fueled by red bull, not beer:D

How about 3 smaller cylinders clustered together around a central axis, & each cylinder rotating independently.

Or a large ring shaped cylinder that works like a belt?

each can be a modular assembly that can be attached to the N frame.

Got the red bull shakes, gotta go...

Sox
June 24, 2003, 09:38 PM
I would love to see a K frame along the lines of "Ti PD" finish. Standard 6 rounds or heck to make it more slim 5 rounds. 9mm, 10mm, or .45. I think it would be more controllable on the larger frame, and still be nice to tote around.:)

vanfunk
June 24, 2003, 10:14 PM
Ok, Tamara, ante up...

What brand of beer have you been drinking, exactly?:D

OT though it may be, some of us are interested.

vanfunk

mec
June 24, 2003, 10:22 PM
Owen has described a thing that actually did exist- a two barreled small bore revolver with two rows of cylinder chambers.

Schuey2002
June 25, 2003, 02:09 AM
Here's a recent beer related photo posted by Tamara..
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=323079
If you can read the label, you'll probably get your answer. ;)

max popenker
June 25, 2003, 02:19 AM
how about salvo-fire six-tree gun? take one in .45 or .454 (maybe you'll need a .480) and make chamber inserts each holding 3 .22LR rounds in parralel. make barrel insert with 3 parallel .22 caliber bores. make triple-head firing pin.

now you got youself a SPIWvom sidearm (comment: in Russian, Beer = Pivo, "S Pivom" means "with beer" :cool: )

just imagine firing 3 .22 caliber rounds in a salvo... Not teh completely original, but weird enough for fun :p

Jeff
June 25, 2003, 03:02 AM
How about a 7 shot .410 caliber built into the new .500 Smith frame with a 6-8" barrel. It could fire both .41 magnum and .410 shot.

Is this the answer to a question absolutely no one asked, or is it something brilliant?

You could hunt both whitetail deer and grouse in the same day, without changing your gun, or even the cylinder.

Delmar
June 25, 2003, 06:40 AM
The Pale Ale is cool, but how did the pack of Angel Farts end up next to the Springer? Make mine a pack of Red's please:D

Majic
June 28, 2003, 09:26 PM
Jeff,
Change your .41 mag to .45 Colt and it just might work.

Mike Irwin
June 28, 2003, 11:41 PM
Hum...

I think you need to keep drinking, Tams...

:neener:

Owen
June 29, 2003, 02:16 PM
darn it! How come the only patentable thing I've ever come up with is a stupid gun lock!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Beer-fueled revolver ideas..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!