Buying guns in Mississippi

PDA

Phaetos
June 1, 2007, 02:41 AM
I plan on going to the gunshow in Biloxi Sunday. I live in Louisiana. I know that I can't purchase handguns, unless I have them shipped to a FFL, which no ones going to do from a gunshow. But long arms, rifles and shotguns, I can purchase and walk out, right?

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying guns in Mississippi" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wdlsguy
June 1, 2007, 03:39 PM
Federal law allows you to buy a rifle or shotgun from an FFL in another state, unless your state or the other state has a problem with it.

czbegenner
June 1, 2007, 10:53 PM
Well i have a situation in where i am right now in the middle of a purchase of a Rem 870,where the place i bought it from tells me after i made the final purchase that i have to wait ten days until i pick up the weapon.So i called the A.T.F and they told me that i have to wait only five days not counting the first day.But five days latter you should have your weapon.So what is the deal with how these people work?
I always belive in being prepared even when i'm dressed in white tie and tails
Gen. George S. Patton

Phaetos
June 2, 2007, 05:50 PM
I did some digging and emailed the Attorney General of MS. Turns out they apparently don't know the law there. The AG told me to contact the MS. Dept of Public Safety :), because apparently they thought I wanted a gun permit for carry. Called the DPS people, they sent me to the legal department of the DPS. Talked to a nice lawyer there that graduated from LSU, Geaux Tigers!!, and this is what he told me. I can not purchase a handgun from MS, but longarm purchases are perfectly fine, just be sure to keep them stored in the trunk on the way home .. :) That will be difficult considering the size of the trunk, does having the rear seat down and it partially in the trunk count :confused: So, I will be heading to the show tomorrow, wish me well in finding something nice.

czbegenner
June 2, 2007, 06:16 PM
Guys just picked up my Remington870 Express Super Magnum well i will take some photos latter of it its about time.Now i am cleaning it,

45crittergitter
June 7, 2007, 09:58 PM
You do not have to keep a rifle or any other gun in the trunk in MS, with certain specific exceptions, such as on a Federal Parkway, or with a long gun during deer season. The guns may be loaded, and may be concealed or exposed. You do not need a permit for this in your vehicle, assuming you're an adult with no legal disabilities and not under the influence.

czbegenner
June 8, 2007, 10:37 AM
good to see the web back up and running

If you enjoyed reading about "Buying guns in Mississippi" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!