WA - gun shop recommendations ?

PDA

USGuns
June 23, 2003, 08:03 PM
Anyone have any recommendations on gun shops, either in Seattle or north of Seattle?

I've been to these:
Wade's (Bellevue) - decent selection but kinda pricey.
WSI (Bellevue) - closing shop. May open later?
Adventure Sports (Lynnwood) - OK prices but not too much selection.

Any recommendations on others with decent prices and on-hand handgun selection ?

If you enjoyed reading about "WA - gun shop recommendations ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SDC
June 23, 2003, 08:22 PM
It's been a while since I've been there (and they seemed to have a predominance of shotguns and rifles versus handguns), but Kesselrings, south of Bellingham, is a nice place to visit.

USGuns
June 24, 2003, 01:19 AM
Thanks SDC.

Yeah I thought about visiting them but like you said and based on their website, they seem to be more into rifles/shotguns. I'm more interested in visiting a handgun shop.

Any other suggestions out there?

pytron
June 24, 2003, 11:33 AM
There are quite a few in Lynwood/Edmonds area - Adventure sports has an excellent selection and helpful staff. Cascade Pawn had some decent deals.

There is DJ's sport & loan in Bothell. Lots of rifles, but a pretty good handgun case as well. I think I'm going to pick up my hunting rifle from there.

In Bellingham, there are two sporting goods shops - Yeager's and H&H Outfitters. There are also a couple pawn shops, one on Guide Meridian, way North of the mall. I can't recall the name, but I can probably look it up. The other is near the airport. Both pawn shops have a pretty good variety. Let me know if you want me to find the pawn shop info.

-Pytron

Dain Bramage
June 24, 2003, 01:12 PM
Sam's Gun Shop in south Everett.

Not a huge supply, but friendly folks, and a 25 yard range that they allow almost anything on (pistol, rifle, black powder).

If price and selection are your ultimate categories, try Federal Way Discount Guns. They also have a website.

UnknownSailor
June 24, 2003, 01:15 PM
Kesselrings has a pretty good selection of handguns, but their actual counterspace for that end of the store isn't very big. I bought a CZ from them.
Also, they have much more than what is on display in the case. I swear they have about 5 of every pistol they have on display in the wharehouse.

Ari
June 24, 2003, 02:51 PM
Cascade, Lynnwood (okay selection, fair prices)

Ben's loans, Renton (I don't really care for them, but they have a wide selection of guns at fair prices)

Lynnwood Guns, Lynnwood (small store, but they always have the guns I'm interested in)

DJ's, Bothell (also a wide selection)

Larry's Guns, Olympia (wish this place was closer. Best prices and really good returns in trades, highly recommend them.)

ACT
June 24, 2003, 10:05 PM
I don't shop much in Seattle and I'm not sure if their still there, but what about the Gun Shop in the same block as Warsalls there on first Avenue just up the Street from the Henry M. Jackson Federal Building. I think the name of the place is the Gun Exchange.

They have or used to have one hell of a selection new and used firearms.

UnknownSailor
June 24, 2003, 11:17 PM
I used to stop in there when I would take the ferry over to downtown from Bremerton. Very impressive collection of both new and used guns. Many a puddle of drool I made in there while window shopping....

45-auto
June 25, 2003, 02:09 AM
Been a few years now, but no place in Washington used to beat Rocky's House of Guns in Wenatchee.

You could literally save the price of driving there, meals included, and have cash left over.

So, it may have changed. But maybe not.

UnknownSailor
June 25, 2003, 02:38 AM
I'm going to drive by there this Friday. I can check inside and report back. :D

Always wanted to go in there......

USGuns
June 25, 2003, 05:41 PM
UnknownSailor - you're driving by Rocky's in Wenatchee?
If so, yes, please report back here and give us the details on their shop!
Thanks!

UnknownSailor
June 25, 2003, 08:29 PM
LOL

I wonder what they would think about a somewhat overweight computer geek going in there to take digital pictures? :D

FPrice
June 25, 2003, 08:31 PM
Does anyone know how The Marksman in Puyallup is doing? I used to hang around there quite a bit in the 80's when I lived in Washington. Left in '91 and have not been back. Yet.

DingoDog
June 26, 2003, 12:29 AM
Federal Way Discount Guns has a good selection of both handguns and rifles. Butches on Aurora near Green Lake has a good selection, but I haven't been there in a while. The Marksman in Puyallup is still there and good place to check out. There is also BullsEye in Tacoma, at least if they don't lose their license. It just changed hands 2 weeks ago.

For the best selection around, go to the Washington Arms Collector's gun show in either Monroe or Puyallup. The one in Puyallup is always fantastic.

For dates check:
www.washingtonarmscollectors.org (http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org)

Tommy Gunn
June 26, 2003, 12:43 AM
I don't shop much in Seattle and I'm not sure if their still there, but what about the Gun Shop in the same block as Warsalls there on first Avenue just up the Street from the Henry M. Jackson Federal Building. I think the name of the place is the Gun Exchange.

Its called CENTRAL LOAN

Its a pawnshop, but they have one of the best selections in WA state.

CENTRAL LOAN
1016 1ST AVE, SEATTLE, WA 98104
(206) 624-0430

Gordy Wesen
June 26, 2003, 01:58 AM
Adventure Sports may have a limited selection foe what you are looking for but the richness of the place lies in the experience and advice of the owner and crew as well as their ability to get what you want. They represent, in my opinion, what every other store in the area is lacking. Interest, knowlege, experience and the representation of etiquette neede for the public at large.
They get my vote every time.

Lord Grey Boots
June 26, 2003, 07:25 PM
I like Adventure Sports too. They "did right" by me when the NICS folks mistakenly denied me on a pistol purchase a year ago. They kept the gun aside until I got through the appeal process.

If you enjoyed reading about "WA - gun shop recommendations ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!