I have been following this for a while...

PDA

Cel
June 9, 2007, 01:53 AM
I was just wondering if any of you had been following or heard about Edward Brown, the guy who refuses to pay taxes. He brings up a very interesting point in my opinion. It's funny I was doing a google search for a "mainstream media" link and the only thing that popped up was Fox News(which I hate). Seems, the mainstream media doesn't want people to know about this. The other information I have been getting has come from independent websites. But here is the link from Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245003,00.html

If you enjoyed reading about "I have been following this for a while..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jselvy
June 9, 2007, 06:24 AM
Unfortunately three different threads on this gentleman have been closed recently for being off topic.
I believe that the moderators have decided that this subject is verboten.

Jefferson

cassandrasdaddy
June 9, 2007, 09:53 AM
the releavant statutes have been posted here browns a nut caught cheating the tax man to the tune f 500 k

Sindawe
June 9, 2007, 10:00 AM
Cel, based on the prior threads about this being closed here this should probably go over to AP ( http://www.armedpolitesociety.com ).

I have heard about it though. I'm undecided as yet, since this Republic was founded by "nuts with guns".

cassandrasdaddy
June 9, 2007, 10:56 AM
The requirement to file an income tax return is not voluntary and is clearly set forth in Internal Revenue Code 6011(a), 6012(a), et seq., and 6072(a). See also Treas. Reg. 1.6011-1(a).
http://www.quatloos.com/taxscams/federal_income_tax_system.htm

HiroProX
June 9, 2007, 12:17 PM
I find it darkly amusing. Somehow we don't have the resources to secure our border, yet we have the resources for recon drone flights, closure of airspace, roadblocks, detainments, and U.S. Marshals playing Rambo for an old couple that owes some back taxes.

helpless
June 9, 2007, 12:22 PM
I find it darkly amusing. Somehow we don't have the resources to secure our border, yet we have the resources for recon drone flights, closure of airspace, roadblocks, detainments, and U.S. Marshals playing Rambo for an old couple that owes some back taxes.

Yeah bro but that makes too much sense.

jselvy
June 9, 2007, 12:22 PM
Some officers might get Hurt if they are on border duty. It is much safer to attack tax dodgers.
"Officer safety is our number one concern"-some LEO-****

Jefferson

Cel
June 9, 2007, 02:28 PM
Oops, I didn't know this had been posted already. Guess I'll search first next time. :o And so true about the lack of resources for more important things like border security.

Art Eatman
June 9, 2007, 02:45 PM
Aside from basic off-topic, the general subject has been beaten to death over the last thirty or so years. There's gotta be a ton of info on such as Wikipedia about tax protesters and the results of their efforts.

The preachings of Irwin Schiff have led to many people learning more than they wanted to know about the Graybar Hotel.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "I have been following this for a while..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!