I need a list of school shootings prevented/cut short by an armed defender

PDA

General Geoff
June 9, 2007, 04:19 PM
Hi all, it's probably been mentioned in a few threads before, but i'd like to compile a list of school shootings or other violent occurances in schools that were stopped by staff, visitors, students or someone else who had a gun legally, whether they were already carrying or they had to retrieve such from their car or office. Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "I need a list of school shootings prevented/cut short by an armed defender" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Monkeyleg
June 9, 2007, 06:23 PM
The only ones I can think of are the law school in Virginia (forget the name), and the high school in Pearl, MS.

Then there was the incident in Texas last year where a nutcase with an AK clone was shooting at people outside a courthouse. A guy with a carry permit tried to take him down, but the nutcase was wearing body armor, and shot and killed the permit holder. The police credited the permit holder with stopping the shooting, though.

Marshall
June 9, 2007, 06:36 PM
Not a school shooting but one heck of a good CCW case. Happened last year.

Tulsa - The search continues for two would-be grocery store robbers, one of whom was shot by a customer last week. The Homeland store near 89th and Memorial was in the process of being held up when one of the customers pulled a concealed weapon and shot one of the suspects. The citizen had a permit for the weapon and was not cited for any wrongdoing. But, was it the right thing to do? NewsChannel 8's Yvonne Harris investigates whether citizens are safer when people are willing to take matters into their own hands.

"If he felt in danger he had every right to protect himself," says Brad Shelton.

Shelton packs heat and has the permit that allows him to do so. If he had been in that Homeland store, he says he might have reacted differently and even slower when confronted with the would-be robbers.

"He would have had to be a little more aggressive for me," Shelton says. "But, every person draws that line somewhere else."

That includes Ivan White. He is armed with a Kel-Tec .380 and is not afraid to use it. He's glad the man who shot the would-be robber will not be charged.

"I agree with that totally," White says. "He was in the right. He was in the fight of his life."

And, the support continues from the shooting range -- even from the professionals, like Marshall Luton with the Tulsa Police Department.

"I thought it was outstanding that we had a citizen that was prepared and capable and trained well enough to take care of the situation," Luton says.

If there is one thing last weekend's shooting proved for some is what they believe is the necessity for concealed weapons.

"Just for safety reasons with all the carjackings, you just never know what's going to happen or where its going to happen."

If you have any information about the suspects involved in the attempted hold-up of the Homeland on Memorial, call Crimestoppers at 596-COPS. You can remain anonymous and earn a cash reward if your information leads to an arrest in the case.

XLMiguel
June 9, 2007, 11:13 PM
The incident in VA was at the Appilachin School of Law about 4-5 years ago. Two students ran to their cars and retrieved their handguns and held the shooter for police. IIRC, both had VA CHP's. HTH

If you enjoyed reading about "I need a list of school shootings prevented/cut short by an armed defender" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!