We have Idiots at the Dept. of Health and Human Services

PDA

samtechlan
June 11, 2007, 12:59 PM
June 10, 2007
Leavitt Requests Meeting with Dead Senator
The office of Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt called Sen. Craig Thomas's (R-WY) office Thursday afternoon to request a meeting with the late senator, the Washington Post reports.

Thomas passed away on Monday after a seven month battle with leukemia.

"Needless to say, grief-stricken Thomas staffers were stunned."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/06/10/leavitt_requests_meeting_with_dead_senator.html

If you enjoyed reading about "We have Idiots at the Dept. of Health and Human Services" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
June 11, 2007, 01:58 PM
I don't read the obits either.

JT

samtechlan
June 11, 2007, 02:44 PM
This was, however, pretty big news in D.C. with plenty of speculation as to his replacement.

Mumwaldee
June 11, 2007, 02:47 PM
"Needless to say, grief-stricken Thomas staffers were stunned."

Here's a fricken tissue. How does this crap make the news and other important stories are completely ignored.

Cliff47
June 11, 2007, 03:08 PM
Sounds about right. A couple of other Senators have been actively in office and look like warmed-over death.

I figure any day that I don't find my name in the obituaries/death notices is going to be a pretty good day.

MrRezister
June 11, 2007, 03:10 PM
What a ridiculous thread. There are idiots in all departments.

Glockman17366
June 11, 2007, 03:27 PM
Leavitt was probably smoking crack again...

Car Knocker
June 11, 2007, 04:16 PM
Leavitt was probably smoking crack again...
News source for previous crack smoking? Link?

TallPine
June 11, 2007, 04:47 PM
The office of Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt called Sen. Craig Thomas's (R-WY) office Thursday afternoon to request a meeting with the late senator, the Washington Post reports.

Mike probably wanted to ask him how he was feeling ... ;)

After all that I have seen, you cannot amaze me with the stupidity and idiocy of govt bureacracy. :(

JohnBT
June 11, 2007, 04:49 PM
"This was, however, pretty big news in D.C."

Fortunately, I don't live in D.C. anymore. That inside-the-beltway we're-the-center-of-the-known-universe stuff got real old, real fast.

John

Glockman17366
June 11, 2007, 07:06 PM
The crack comment was just a joke...sorry

ED21
June 11, 2007, 09:07 PM
Glockman, You should be sorry. Don't you know you are not to make jokes or have a good time while here. There are too many here without a sense of humor and are quick to flame. Sorry if I offended anyone, sorry if my spelling and grammer are not correct, sorry sorry sorry. (One sure has to say "sorry" alot here I've noticed.) Oh darn, forgot to be sorry about punctuation. sorry

thexrayboy
June 11, 2007, 10:05 PM
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein

I believe that the only things infinite are time and stupidity....and I am not sure if time is truly infinite.

If you enjoyed reading about "We have Idiots at the Dept. of Health and Human Services" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!