Those silly Brits!

PDA

Dave P
June 11, 2007, 04:45 PM
'COP SOLD BULLETS BY SQUADDIE'
07/06/2007

A SOLDIER was due to appear in court today charged with illegal possession of ammunition.

Private Christopher Trussler, 27, of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment, was arrested yesterday after allegedly selling 21 9mm bullets to an undercover detective.

He was detained at the 2nd Battalion's base in Chichester, West Sussex, by officers from Scotland Yard's Operation Trident unit which probes black on black gun crime.

The bullets, originally Army ammunition, could have been fired from dozens of handguns and machine-guns.

The private's arrest follows a three-month investigation.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I know I will feel safe on the streets of Chichester :barf:

I wonder if Scotland Yard has a unit to probe white on white gun crimes? Or maybe black on white sex crimes :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Those silly Brits!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FourTeeFive
June 11, 2007, 04:53 PM
The bullets, originally Army ammunition, could have been fired from dozens of handguns and machine-guns.

How do you shoot 21 bullets from "dozens" of guns?

Shadow Shock
June 11, 2007, 04:55 PM
"...could have been fired by dozens of handguns and machineguns."

Last I checked, no one would waste their time and money developing a 9mm Parabellum machinegun. Plenty of SUB-machineguns though. God, can't these stupid liberal reporters get it right? :D

Mumwaldee
June 11, 2007, 04:59 PM
Private Christopher Trussler, 27

27 year old private...let's face it this guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

jselvy
June 11, 2007, 05:12 PM
The British army has a higher number of privates than the U.S. Counterpart.
Career privates are not unusual.

Jefferson

LawBot5000
June 11, 2007, 05:15 PM
Was that all the loose ammo he could stuff in his pockets? I though handgun ammo came in boxes of 50.

Titan6
June 11, 2007, 06:44 PM
by officers from Scotland Yard's Operation Trident unit which probes black on black gun crime.

I thought this was just a US problem?

Anyway what an idiot. If you are going to steal from the goverment bullets would be the last thing to steal. What was it worth? 25? 50 euros? That is worth going to prison over?

jad0110
June 11, 2007, 06:51 PM
How do you shoot 21 bullets from "dozens" of guns?

This is just the next step in hoplophobia. First, guns can just "go off" :fire:. Next, guns can load themselves. Then of course they can fire without any human intervention whatsoever. The next step: these eeeevil guns can make "dozens" of bullet clones all by themselves.

Hmmm, where can I get one of those firearms? :evil: :p

Art Eatman
June 11, 2007, 07:13 PM
There's obviously a lot less here than meets the eye...

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "Those silly Brits!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!