Southwest PA Shoot

PDA

only1asterisk
June 24, 2003, 05:47 AM
Noticed several people from the Pittsburg area, anyone interested in an informal shoot.?

David

If you enjoyed reading about "Southwest PA Shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Subby
June 24, 2003, 11:19 PM
I reckon I'm game, given the opportunity.

Sub

only1asterisk
June 25, 2003, 01:04 AM
What about July 12th? Any suggestions as to a place? I was thinking family oriented plinking? Suggestions?

David

Subby
June 25, 2003, 01:18 AM
The 12th is a Friday, no good for me. I work every weekend, occupational hazard. Msg me if ya want.

Sub

caseydog
June 26, 2003, 12:11 AM
Lemme know if you plan the shoot east of the city (the farther the better , lol) ...from the Johnstown area the run out 22 is enough torture without the Parkway. Case

Subby
June 26, 2003, 01:23 AM
Yeah, further from the city the better. There's a range on SGL 51 in Fayette County. If we go there, I'll buy all participants lunch at Pechin's :)

Sub

only1asterisk
June 26, 2003, 03:25 AM
Never been to the range at SGL 51, What's it like? We could meet up in Dunbar or Uniontown. I can get off work pretty much any day next 2 weeks, but couldn't be there before 1pm.

What to shoot? I've got a 45/70 that needs sighted in (loads of fun if you like recoil) and a 45 Super that's a blast (I think I've cured it's feeding problem, really want to run a couple hundred rounds through). My wife likes to bust clays, but I don't have a trap. Anyone else have kids?

Hey, I know more people are reading this! ;) Come and shoot!

David

Subby
June 26, 2003, 10:43 AM
Just six benches, 100 yards, shooting into the side of the mountain.

Sub

Ebbtide
June 26, 2003, 11:10 AM
I'll be down in Nemicollon/Charmicheals area that week end :D ,

I'll keep an eye on this thread and try to meet up with you'all if yo get something rolling (I'll be going to a wedding, not sure how the timing will be).

lycanthrope
June 26, 2003, 01:57 PM
We shoot informally at Castlewood Rod and Gun every Thursday night. We are doing a fun shoot this Saturday.

http://www.castlewoodclays.com/hand_gun.htm

Not exactly south PA, but definately west.....

I'd come south if you guys get the time and place settled.

Gus Dddysgrl
June 27, 2003, 01:46 PM
I'd love to join you guys, and I'm sure my dad (Perfessr) would too. We are in Lancaster, but on the 12th we will be in Boston. If it's after the 13th we can prolly come. Keep us posted as to what goes down.

Gus

If you enjoyed reading about "Southwest PA Shoot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!