Me and my M14

PDA

Khornet
June 13, 2007, 07:43 AM
interesting piece from Military.com. A real shame this serviceman had to spend upwards of $700 to get a serviceable weapon, but I'd do it in his place. Wish I'd known, I would have sent it to him and done without beer for a few weeks.

http://kitup.military.com/?ESRC=navy.nl

If you enjoyed reading about "Me and my M14" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HorseSoldier
June 13, 2007, 11:36 AM
Seems like it was his choice. He could have spent ten bucks or so on a new front sight post for his issue M16 (though I admit, having to spend that is retarded).

atomd
June 13, 2007, 11:56 AM
I agree. It was his choice to go that route. While it was ridiculous that he wasn't able to get his m16 repaired in a timely manner, there was no need to spend $700 on anything. It would have been a lot easier to just get a new post. He seems like the type that is into gear and gadgets (from his other post there also) and took the opportunity to dust off and trick out an m14 instead.

DMK
June 13, 2007, 04:47 PM
He didn't seem too unhappy with his choice. In fact he seemed kind of proud to have rescued the M14 from the dark, dusty corner of the supply shed.

Frog48
June 13, 2007, 05:15 PM
He could have fixed it himself for $6 from Brownells.

Its cool that eventually he was able to get ahold of an M14, but he's crazy for initially going into a warzone without a usable weapon.

azhunter12
June 13, 2007, 07:12 PM
but he's crazy for initially going into a warzone without a usable weapon.

It was probably more accurate than his m16 though.

I wish that I could have a m14 and a mg3 that was mentioned later!!

cuervo
June 13, 2007, 07:50 PM
In the comments area, he replies that he was able to have the M16's post repaired, but wanted to go through with the M14.

If I were really that desperate to get an M14 running, I would probably tossed the scope and just gone with iron sights.

If you enjoyed reading about "Me and my M14" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!