how would a gun owner fare, faced with a "rogue prosecutor" or the BATFE?

PDA

alan
June 13, 2007, 04:49 PM
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2007/...nifong-part-i/

If you enjoyed reading about "how would a gun owner fare, faced with a "rogue prosecutor" or the BATFE?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AZRickD
June 13, 2007, 05:36 PM
Anyone, even the innocent, who is faced with prosecution by an arm of the government with nearly limitless resources is in for a huge bill from an attorney if he can afford one, or he's in for a rough ride from is court-appointed attorney who will sell him down the river so the next tee time can be made.

Rick

ArmedBear
June 13, 2007, 05:47 PM
Mike Pressler

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258969,00.html

In that situation, you needn't be a criminal of any sort. You needn't even be charged with any crime. It can still wreck your life and your career.

That said, your local CPS is more likely to ruin an innocent person's life than the BATFE.

We've got trouble my friend.

AZRickD
June 13, 2007, 06:40 PM
Your CPS (Child Protective Services) cannot be worse than our CPS. They screw up on either side of the issue.

Rick

Oohrah
June 13, 2007, 06:53 PM
I totally agree with Armed Bear! He is in the most dangerous
state in the country due to it's leadership, immigration policy,
and far left thinking lawmakers. The 2A people need to vote
out those in office that appear to also have ACLU membership
also. Kalif. is an example that it doesn't take a village to
make it work. The most populaced state, definately has
influence on the rest of the country.

Frog48
June 14, 2007, 01:17 PM
You're pretty much screwed if you're being railroaded by the government. Your only hope is really, really good defense counsel... it'll be pricey, but if its a matter of clearing your name, its worth it.

Correia
June 14, 2007, 01:56 PM
Been there. Done that. But it was a different federal agency. The ATF was actually very professional.

The very first thing you do is get a good attorney.

pittspilot
June 14, 2007, 11:04 PM
I've watched it from first hand position. You are screwed. Even with a good attorney.

If you enjoyed reading about "how would a gun owner fare, faced with a "rogue prosecutor" or the BATFE?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!