Any Lefties shoot the Kel-Tec SUB-2000?

PDA

<SLV>
June 13, 2007, 06:58 PM
I just saw in a thread (from a post last year) that one of the members here had casings bouncing off his cheek when shooting the SUB-2000 left-handed. I'm a lefty, and I'm considering this gun. Should I forget about it? Is there a solution?

SLV

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Lefties shoot the Kel-Tec SUB-2000?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
<SLV>
June 13, 2007, 08:40 PM
Not many lefthanded individuals on THR? Or, not many lefties tried the SUB-2000?

Wilson 17&26
June 13, 2007, 10:31 PM
Maybe you should wait for the forward ejecting bullpup. Here is a video of the RFB Carbine in action. It's 9Mb, Right-click and "Save Target as" instead of streaming it. http://www.kel-tec.com/videos/rfbteaser.wmv Available 2008

creekerdoug
June 13, 2007, 10:35 PM
I'm a lefty and I love my 9mm Sub2000. It's fast and reliable. Unfortunately, you will get some blow back on your right cheek and forehead. Wear good safety glasses and close your right eye and you'll be just fine. For the money it is the very good. You can spend $275 for a Sub2000 which can take 33 round Glock mags or you can spend $400+ for a Beretta.

markmc753
June 13, 2007, 10:48 PM
the stock extension helps

<SLV>
June 14, 2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the tip on the stock extension. I really want this gun, but not if it is miserable to shoot. I've been thinking about makes some sort of hinged deflector that can be flattened for storage and deployed for shooting.

I LOVE the bull-pup, but .308 is a little bit too punishing for me (I thought I saw them grimace in the video). If they had it in 7.62x39 I'd give it some serious thought. However, my real goal is to get a 9mm SMG or equivalent that is easy to store in my vehicle. The SUB-2000 is just so handy in that regard.

What about puting a case catching bag on the SUB-2000? Does anyone make one specifically for that model? (Could come in handy in more than one way!)

Nomad, 2nd
June 14, 2007, 03:53 PM
I shoot rifles left handed, and havn't had a problem.
I've put less than 1,000 through it though.
I'm going to get rid of it, not due to any 'useability issues' but because I bought it on a whelm and don't see a use for a 9mm carbine in retrospect...

<SLV>
June 14, 2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks, Nomad! ... I do have a place for a 9mm carbine in my mix. Does anyone know if they make a brass-catcher that fits the SUB-2000?

kcmarine
June 14, 2007, 08:00 PM
Eh, just get some tape and a cloth bag. Sure, it's not matching, but it works. And, it's free.

HoffACDC
June 18, 2007, 09:21 PM
Not a pleasant experience - I put 100 rounds through my new one today. Gas, debris, and whatever else is in your ammo.

rangerruck
June 18, 2007, 10:06 PM
I had one, and it shot well , and I had lights, and lasers, anstuff all tricked out on it, round allways bounced off my right cheek. Plus it is very hard to get a good site pic, with the standard sites, if you can mount some flip ups, this would be much better. if I had the money, i would go with a left eject, such as the beretta, or if they make a bolt handle that deflects now, then get one in glock configuration.

<SLV>
June 27, 2007, 05:25 PM
I got the SUB-2000 yesterday. After giving it a try I realized that I didn't have anything flying in my face. Because of the low sight picture I set the butt up on my sholder and rested my cheekbone on the butt of the gun rather than the steel tube. That might have moved me back far enough.

I REALLY like this gun. :D It has a great balance and it shoots easy. I don't like the front sight, but it'll do. I've ordered the front picatinny rail and I will be getting a folding vertical grip for it.

Thanks for your opinions, everyone!

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Lefties shoot the Kel-Tec SUB-2000?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!