How To Get To Heaven When You Die

PDA

xfrodobagginsx
June 13, 2007, 11:17 PM
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:

1. REALIZE THAT YOU ARE A SINNER AND IN NEED OF A SAVIOR:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. BECAUSE OF OUR SINS, WE DIE BOTH SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY, BUT GOD SENT HIS SON TO TAKE OUR PUNISHMENT AND GIVE US A CHANCE NOT TO HAVE TO GO TO HELL.

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. IF WE WILL ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS OUR LORD WITH OUR MOUTHS AND BELIEVE IN OUR HEARTS THAT HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD, BY DOING THIS WE ARE RECEIVING HIM:

Ro 10:9,10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: {power: or, the right, or, privilege}
(KJV)

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus and asking Him to forgive you for your sins and save you. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS? DO YOU ACCEPT WHAT HE DID FOR YOU TO PAY FOR YOUR SINS?

4. If you are willing to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please pray this right now, from your heart to God,

"Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you prayed that prayer from your heart to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

If you enjoyed reading about "How To Get To Heaven When You Die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mister_wilburn
June 13, 2007, 11:21 PM
And this has what to do with "legal/political"? Perhaps its more in the more general "social situations". Isn't there a different forum that would better suit your agenda? Im not here to question anyones belief's or ideas, or condone them, just wondering what is being brought to the table with this post...

xd9fan
June 13, 2007, 11:24 PM
ok wow......hello Art

RancidSumo
June 13, 2007, 11:25 PM
You really don't want to get me started on religion. Also, what does this have to do with legal issues?

rantingredneck
June 13, 2007, 11:28 PM
Ummmkay..........I don't think this one will stick around long.

BAT1
First I want to go on cosmic vacation, then I'll get my papers in order so I can go through the gates. I bet the only Politician there will be JFK and Ron Paul.

M249MachineGun
Thread closure in 3...2...1...

xfrodobagginsx
There is much legality involved in salvation. We being sinners have committed crimes against God and are worthy of prison (hell) an eternal sentence, since sin is against God's eternal holiness. Jesus Christ came, lived a perfect life and died in our place, taking our punishment on Himself, that whoever will accept Him and what He did to pay for their crimes (sins) will be pardoned from prison (hell).

That's how it's legal.

ReadyontheRight
June 13, 2007, 11:30 PM
By rendering unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto THR the things which are gun-related.

And by protecting the Bill of Rights for our posterity.

xfrodobagginsx
June 13, 2007, 11:32 PM
Did Jesus and the apostles stop sharing the gospel because caesar said to? Besides, I think decons aught to carry hand guns in this day and age. I am all for guns. They lower crime.

RancidSumo
June 13, 2007, 11:34 PM
Shut up and go away you godwad

xfrodobagginsx
June 13, 2007, 11:35 PM
50% say by Jesus Christ...excellent!

RNB65
June 13, 2007, 11:36 PM
By being a disciple of JMB, of course. Now go buy a 1911. :)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/Hunter1911/glock-vs-1911.jpg

RancidSumo
June 13, 2007, 11:38 PM
Nice, he should have put that as an answer

PotatoJudge
June 13, 2007, 11:40 PM
IBTL, found a good use for the Quick Reply.

Mannix
June 13, 2007, 11:40 PM
Discussing religion on a politics forums is asking for trouble.

RNB65
June 13, 2007, 11:41 PM
IBTL, found a good use for the Quick Reply.

They can lock it now. I gave the only correct answer.

:D

xfrodobagginsx
June 13, 2007, 11:43 PM
There is no religion section to post this. Politics is the closest area. This is a relevent topic.

LightningJoe
June 13, 2007, 11:43 PM
Well, there'll be a couple of resurrections involving all human beings. But the Bible says nobody* has ever gone to heaven except Christ (who presently sits--actually Stephen saw him standing--on the right hand of God).

But then again, what does this have to do with legal and political?

*how all those beheaded guys got into John's revelation is another issue.

RNB65
June 13, 2007, 11:44 PM
How about a lovely Higher Power? Err... I mean High Power.

:neener:

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/browning_hp_3.jpg

xfrodobagginsx
June 13, 2007, 11:45 PM
Actually, the bible says that we go to heaven to be with Christ after we die, if we are His children.

LightningJoe
June 13, 2007, 11:47 PM
Chapter and verse, please.

Malice
June 13, 2007, 11:47 PM
I chose "There is no God/Heaven"

How people can preach like this is beyond me.

Take a godless person like me. IF somthing were to happen to me tomorrow to make me believe in a higher power, I would be JUST as likely to become a follower of Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, the Greek or Roman pantheon, or any number of religions with histories as rich or richer than that of Christianity, with just as much or more legitimacy.

Get a life. This is the High Road. Trying to scare people into becoming Christian via threat of eternal pain and violence is NOT taking the high road.

RNB65
June 13, 2007, 11:48 PM
Thank GOD for hot linking!

:):):)

LightningJoe
June 13, 2007, 11:48 PM
Malice:

If God wants to work directly with you, he'll let you know. Other than that, just be good.

xfrodobagginsx
June 13, 2007, 11:49 PM
Jesus is in heaven:

Mr 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

Paul said to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord:

2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
(KJV)

Paul desires to be with Christ. Where is He again?

Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

People in heaven:

Re 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
(KJV)

Jesus Christ is going to rule and reign on the earth. The believers will be with Him on the earth at that time. Right now believer's go to heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ because that is where He is.

Jesus Christ is God:

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(KJV)

Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

John declares Him to be God:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(KJV)

Jesus declares Himself God by calling Himself I am time and time again:

Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
(KJV)

I am is God's name.

This prophecy of Jesus's first comming shows that He is God. Who has been from everlasting except God?

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. {everlasting: Heb. the days of eternity}

Jesus Knows all things proving that He is God:

Joh 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
Joh 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
(KJV)

RancidSumo
If you think about it, most religions, when broked down to their basic beliefs, are essentially the same.

Autolycus
Either way this is not the forum for this and these posts should all be removed.

Autolycus
June 13, 2007, 11:50 PM
Double Post.

RNB65
June 13, 2007, 11:51 PM
#11 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Glock.

PotatoJudge
June 13, 2007, 11:52 PM
Well, I got #11 down :neener:.

Autolycus
June 13, 2007, 11:52 PM
My MOD has forsaken me!

:)

RNB65
June 13, 2007, 11:53 PM
I enjoy these deep religious discussions. Much better than the 10,000th Ron Paul thread.

:D

xfrodobagginsx
June 13, 2007, 11:53 PM
Jesus would have been pro-gun

Lu 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
(KJV)

Autolycus
June 13, 2007, 11:55 PM
Please ban the original poster. All 8 posts are religous posts.

xfrodobagginsx
June 13, 2007, 11:56 PM
???? Why don't you just move on to the next thread. No one is hurting you.

Autolycus
June 13, 2007, 11:57 PM
Why doesnt the original poster want emails sent to his or her address? I figured we could take it to email but they would rather spam a board with their views than actually debate them. Typical of a religious fanatic.

BullfrogKen
June 13, 2007, 11:58 PM
Note the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up. Religion is not discussed here.

Thread closed.

Folks, please simply report this stuff from now on instead of engaging the poster. . . or in this case . . . Spammer.

If you enjoyed reading about "How To Get To Heaven When You Die" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!