Marlin 925 opinions

PDA

unrealtrip
June 14, 2007, 12:19 AM
Local Big5 has them on sale for $159 for the synth stocked version. I'd kinda like a .22 for myself, shooting the .308 gets costly :) plus I'd like to try shooting some rabbits this year and well, I don't want to blow them to bits.

Anyway, just checking for opinions on this gun before I shell out for it. Sure is cheap, would be a nice little varmit/target/plinker I figure.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 925 opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
toivo
June 14, 2007, 02:01 AM
Nice little gun for the money. There are nicer guns and there are cheaper guns, but there aren't any nicer, cheaper guns. Savage also makes some decent .22 rifles in that price range.

I think a CZ Trainer would be your next step up, but would run $75 to $100 more.

db_tanker
June 14, 2007, 07:17 AM
I have a 925M 22 Mag and I love it.

I just think of it as my non-reloadable 22 Hornet...as that is what I use it for...short-range, low noise varmint population redcuing device. :D

Especially with those new Remington HV rounds with the ballistic tips.

D

_N4Z_
June 14, 2007, 08:10 AM
I have a Marlin 925 (.22lr). It's quite accurate, easy care, cheap to feed.

It has shot sub quarter size groups with cheap bulk Federal510. Not the norm, but close. It's even better with good stuff.

Can wack shotshell hulls @ 100 yards and chase golf balls around the range all day long.

I like mine. ;)

unrealtrip
June 21, 2007, 11:04 AM
Thx for the feedback, I bought that 925. Pickup is on monday thanks to the 10 day waiting period. I also picked up a few extras on the Marlin website, got a sling, another magazine and their very nice looking 2 tone wood stock which was pretty cheap really. Got a cheapie Tasco 3-9x32 .22 scope for it as well for now, the Nikon stays on my M1A :), I'll post up range results. Should be a fun rabbit/plinker gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 925 opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!