another Grizzly attack in "National Park gun free utopia"

PDA

gunsmith
June 14, 2007, 07:07 AM
Since we can not count on .gov to allow our basic rights in Nat Parks, maybe we should ban bears having teeth and claws.
I fully expect the "he should be more aware" crowd to jump in and say it was his own fault.
DOESN'T MATTER!
People make mistakes, and if your hiking in the wilderness , you can not rely on 911 to save you.
We need nat park carry now!

http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?S=6653510

Grizzly Bear Attack in Grand Teton National Park

June 13, 2007 12:22 PM

A visitor to Grand Teton National Park was attacked by a grizzly bear Wednesday morning and was taken to a hospital in Jackson Wyoming for treatment.

54-year-old Dennis Vandenbos of Lander, Wyoming was walking near the Jackson Lake Lodge when he surprised a female grizzly and her three cubs feeding on a freshly killed elk carcass.

The man yelled a few times, and then laid down on his stomach in a submissive posture. The bear inflicted puncture wounds and cuts before another person scared the bear away.

The National Park Service says it will not destroy the grizzly. This is the first grizzly attack in Grant Teton National Park since 2001.

If you enjoyed reading about "another Grizzly attack in "National Park gun free utopia"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gopguy
June 14, 2007, 08:36 AM
It is insane that the Government has taken this attitude the animals are more protected than the tax payers... A couple years ago my uncle had a close call in the Great Smokey Mountains. One night he ran a trash bag out to the dumpster behind the condo they were renting. Tossing the bag in, he was startled as a black bear come up and out of it growling. Black bears are supposed to be cowardly, but this one was not. Luckily he made it back to his room without being mauled.

As protected animal populations grow, we will see more attacks. The policy must change. People must be allowed to protect themselves from predators of four footed variety as well as criminal bipeds.

bailer
June 14, 2007, 10:52 AM
I just spent a week hiking/fishing Grand Teton and Yellowstone. Never had anyone question or try to search me for firearms. Also never had an issue with the wildlife.

Art Eatman
June 14, 2007, 11:12 AM
We've beaten this horse to death numerous times. I fail to see how we can find anything new to discuss, but I can easily see how we can continue on with the same old bashing of well-known idiocies of this real world in which we're stuck.

So let's don't.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "another Grizzly attack in "National Park gun free utopia"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!