CZ 527 magazines

PDA

cyrano
June 14, 2007, 01:50 PM
I have a CZ 527 American in .223 with a detachable 5-round metal magazine. Is it possible to buy a larger magazine for this rifle, perhaps a 10-round magazine? Or would something like that need to be custom made? Thanks in advance for the replies. Cyrano

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 527 magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RNB65
June 14, 2007, 02:38 PM
I'm not aware of any aftermarket mags for the 527. Only the 5rd CZ factory mags which are quite pricey. Around $45 bucks on-line.

cyrano
December 8, 2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks. I found one on-line.

Cyrano

TheEngineer
December 8, 2008, 07:02 PM
I've had my eye on the 527 carbine for a while, and mag size has been one of the reasons I've resisted the urge to buy one for so long. Do you have a link for the mags you found? Also, have I heard correctly that CZ uses too slow a rate of twist to stabilize 62 gr bullets in the .223 527's? TIA.

cyrano
December 9, 2008, 01:09 AM
Sorry Engineer, I meant that I just ordered an extra 5rd magazine. Someone told me 60 grain was about max, but I don't know. Beware that the rate of twist depends on the year CZ made the rifle. I have a current one that is 1 in 12.

Cyrano

MD_Willington
December 9, 2008, 01:26 AM
I've only seen them cut down flush, not made longer.

EAJ
December 9, 2008, 01:15 PM
The 5-five rounder magazines for the CZ 527 .223 can occasionally be difficult to find however whittakerguns.com is a large distributor of CZ products and usually has them in stock.

If you shoot off the bench a good deal I’ve found that the “single shot (flush fit) follower” that James Calhoon manufactures ($45) is well worth the investment and much easier/quicker to work with then constantly removing, reloading and reinserting the magazine. :)

http://www.jamescalhoon.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 527 magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!