Illegals - amnesty - call your Senator free, part deux

PDA

BB62
June 15, 2007, 12:24 PM
Here we go again... looks like the Senate is going to put the matter up for another vote!

Call 800-882-2005.

Press 1 when you hear a Spanish message, then Press 1 again to be transferred to your *senior* senator's office

Press 2 when you hear a Spanish message, and you'll be transferred to your *junior* senator's office.

You get through immediately and the call is paid for by the enemy!

One caveat - if you're from Ohio, the #2 doesn't work for Sen. Sherrod Brown, use the United Farm Workers # instead.

United Farm Workers (free route to your Senator) - 800-417-7666

BB62

If you enjoyed reading about "Illegals - amnesty - call your Senator free, part deux" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Glockman17366
June 15, 2007, 03:15 PM
Yep...worked for me...called both Arlen Spector and Bob Casey...

I, of course, urged the senators to vote against the immigration bill...but I also want all those bilingual signs (and voice messages) removed and eliminated.
Part of being an immigrant is to "meld" oneself into their new society. The use of bilingual signs is divisive and counter-productive to this melding.

silliman89
June 15, 2007, 05:49 PM
Same thing in English too.

800-417-7666

Same instructions, but now you can understand them.

sam1952
June 15, 2007, 06:14 PM
Arlen Spector and Bob Casey, Now there's a pair. I spent 10 minutes on the phone with Bob Casey's staff listening to them tell me how he opposes amnesty (before the last vote). Countless fax's.

I have to wonder if my time wouldn't be better spent contacting Senators out of state who are vulnerable to switching their vote.

Green Lantern
June 15, 2007, 06:19 PM
800-417-7666

Yeah, but does the pro-amnesty lobby foot the bill for calls made on THAT number as well???

silliman89
June 15, 2007, 07:53 PM
800-417-7666
Yeah, but does the pro-amnesty lobby foot the bill for calls made on THAT number as well???

Yes. Call and listen to the message. It's a hotline supporting amnesty.

nemoaz
June 15, 2007, 08:36 PM
In before lock.

Selfdfenz
June 16, 2007, 12:05 AM
I was happy to pay the phone charges. I know my calls landed in the right places and not some boiler roon where the data will get manipulated.

Best

S-

jpk1md
June 16, 2007, 08:33 AM
Folks, we need to defeat this bill and force our Congress Critters to start enforcing the laws that are already on the books.

Stats are showing that the Illegal Alien population are breaking our laws at a higher rate than legal citizens and this bill would provide amnesty for gang members and felons alike.....DO YOU WANT THESE PEOPLE HERE WITH THE LEGAL RIGHT TO BUY GUNS?!?

Green Lantern
June 16, 2007, 11:39 AM
silliman89 - gotcha, thanks! :cool:

Selfdefenz - what "boiler room?" I reached both my Senators' offices multiple times. Yeah, the pro-amnesty yahoos can SAY "we got upteen-billion calls in favor of amnesty," but the Senators' offices can tell a different tune....

('course they could always LIE about it...)

Level playing field - if WE have to pay to speak, then THEY should as well.

nemoaz
June 16, 2007, 02:39 PM
The last polls I saw showed 68-70% opposition and the Senators, Democrat or Republican, know it. This is why the Dems aren't really pushing and hoping that Bush can carry the load (and fall on his sword).

Shamnesty for the illegal aliens is dead in the water.

Autolycus
June 16, 2007, 03:07 PM
Well I will be calling and asking for support of this bill.

Biker
June 16, 2007, 03:45 PM
And why is that, Tecumseh?

Biker

Autolycus
June 16, 2007, 10:38 PM
Well to be a truly free nation we would not require papers to enter and exit our nation. As well as this country was founded upon immigration and nothing other than swearing allegiance to the country was needed. I dont see why we need new laws governing that. I mean if we are going to roll back gun laws to the time of the founding fathers lets roll back other laws to match them.

Biker
June 16, 2007, 10:45 PM
Wrong on a number of levels, Tecumseh. 'Back in da day', an immigrant was required to pass a disease inspection, was not eligable for govt. services, so forth. Additionally, we *needed* lots of warm bodies then to fill up an empty nation.
We no longer need these warm bodies otherwise know as a drain upon our system.
And comparing the 2ndA to illegal immigration is so ridiculous...better stop here.

Biker

jselvy
June 16, 2007, 10:45 PM
As long as we roll the welfare bus and taxes back with them. I don't care where a person comes from unless they're a Yankee ;) as long as they don't have any right to take my money without my permission.

Jefferson

Glock Glockler
June 16, 2007, 11:07 PM
Tecumseh,

Why is it that you never addressed the points I brought up in previous threads about immigration?

Have you actually read the bill, do you know all the specifics about what that bill would do and fund?

Autolycus
June 16, 2007, 11:20 PM
Not in 1790. Why didnt we do that then? If we gave them a disease inspection would you be ok with mass amounts of immigrants?

Autolycus
June 16, 2007, 11:21 PM
I am asking why you all do not want to use the same immigration laws the founding fathers used? You never answered that.

Glock Glockler
June 16, 2007, 11:29 PM
Yes, I did answer that, and it's because we have a welfare state and they didnt.

In the old days if you didnt work then you didnt eat, the govt didnt wipe people's bottoms like they do now, that's part of the reason so many Italians that came here promptly went home. If the same system existed back then they'd have been given welfare and become a permanent vote base for the Democratic party, all the while complaining about how they're discriminated.

Bringing in millions of poor 3rd worlders will only increase the number and percentage of people here who are dependant on govt services, and who will also vote for more of them.

Ever do algebra, do you know how there's a certain sequence that you need to do the calculations in if you want to get the right answer? Same thing with this, you need to dismantle the welfare state FIRST before you allow widescale immigration.

Once again, have you read that bill, do you know of all the other poison pill clauses in it or are you just making your decision based on the feel good stuff tossed around on the news?

Art Eatman
June 17, 2007, 08:49 AM
OT last time, OT this time, OT next time...

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "Illegals - amnesty - call your Senator free, part deux" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!