anybody mounted a XS peep sight on an 1892?

PDA

roscoe
June 16, 2007, 04:17 AM
Howdy folks,

I wanted to mount an XS peep sight on a Puma 1982 that I bought for my brother, but the gunsmith called and said that the peep would interfere with ejection. Does this sound right?

Has anyone tried mounting one? XS says the sight is designed for the 1892, but I can't figure out if the sight should be mounted in front of or behind the locking lugs (the safety will be removed to eliminate any interference there).

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "anybody mounted a XS peep sight on an 1892?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
electrode1998
June 16, 2007, 08:19 AM
Hey roscoe,
I don't know if this will help, but if the xs sights don't look like they will work you might try this brand. Skinner sights are very good sights. I have a set mounted on my marlin 336 and they work great. They are at skinnersights.com and Dr. Skinner shoud answer any of you questions about fit or mounting before you order.
Hope this helps and good luck,
electrode1998

Old Time Hunter
June 16, 2007, 08:24 AM
Go to www.leverguns.com, They will know. It probably does not effect the ejection, but it could weaken the receiver by the locking lugs. You might try a Williams FP receiver sight, they have a large aperature replacement that acts the same as the XS Ghost Ring.

If you enjoyed reading about "anybody mounted a XS peep sight on an 1892?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!