Proposed text of my letter to my representatives

PDA

Kentak
June 16, 2007, 12:27 PM
Dear Senator (or Representative) Fuzznuts:

What part of Secure the Border do the Representatives of the People not get?

Ignore that mandate at peril to your political career. Secure the borders means stop illegal crossings. Deport or bring to justice undocumented residents who break criminal laws. Enforce laws already on the books that penalize employers who knowingly hire undocumented workers.

Do these things, then, and only then, we'll talk about a route to citizenship for long term illegals who have been productive and law-abiding residents.

Sincerely,

One angry voter.

(I'll probably edit some of that)

If you enjoyed reading about "Proposed text of my letter to my representatives" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sage of Seattle
June 16, 2007, 01:04 PM
(I'll probably edit some of that)

As long as you keep "Dear Senator Fuzznuts," edit it however you wish! :neener:

Seriously, good letter. I like it.

Blackfork
June 16, 2007, 01:11 PM
...doesn't seem to working very well either.

The border, the TSA, the budget mess, IRS, BATF, Social Security...there is not really anything that a government this size does well.

But mention it and you will get on the no-fly list along with half a million other people.

If you enjoyed reading about "Proposed text of my letter to my representatives" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!