I feel like such a thief!

PDA

Picknlittle
June 16, 2007, 03:39 PM
I went to my first gun show ever today. Didn't really plan on buying much except maybe some accessories and cleaning stuff.

I saw several SKS's from all over ranging from Chinese models for $200 to Romanian models for $350. I'm getting ready to go. Even the CZ 27s, 52s, 82s, and the only Nagant pistol I could find were priced well above normally advertised prices and dickering wasn't working.

anywho,...I'm heaing toward the door when I see a table with three or four SKSs on it. I pick up the Yugo and sorta sniff it over. Bore looked good, stock was in decent shape. Just looked like it needed a little clean up. I ask how much and he says $150. I look it over again and decide to mull it over. Ten minutes later I offered $125,....I got it and 100 rnd of Wolf ammo in the deal.

I get home with it and sure enough a little cleaning and it's ready for a trip to the range. As soon as leadcouncil gets here, we're headed that way.

Later ya'll

If you enjoyed reading about "I feel like such a thief!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eightball
June 16, 2007, 04:18 PM
Nice find! I got my Yugo for $100 OTD a few years back, $125 is a smokin' price for nowadays.

Congrats.

stiletto raggio
June 16, 2007, 04:25 PM
I love bargains like this. I got a Grendel P30 in nearly perfect shape, which usually goes for about $450 on gunbroker, for $275, and it had an extra mag, which goes for around $70. And I just stopped in on a whim!

HorseSoldier
June 16, 2007, 04:27 PM
Good price.

Gun show vendors almost always know exactly what they have and what it is worth (and, if anything, tend to overprice stuff), but you can sometimes find deals, especially late in the last day if business has been slow.

Picknlittle
June 16, 2007, 07:58 PM
Here's a pic.

Just got back from the range. What a hoot! :D Only shot forty rounds from the SKS but no problems except for , where the T53 Mosin shoots hard left, the SKS shoots hard right by about the same amount! This is too funny.

I tried without success to move the sight on the T53. Need a much bigger hammer!:what:

The SKS requires a tool of some sort. I'm about to research that. Google is yer friend!:)

Anywho,..gotta run. Got three guns to clean.

Red Tornado
June 16, 2007, 08:39 PM
Nice score. I've seen the sight tools advertised in cheaper than dirt, I believe. That's one place to start looking, at least.
RT

hexidismal
June 16, 2007, 08:45 PM
That's a good price, no question about it. I can't even find a standard Yugo around here anymore for less than $220 or so.

Geno
June 16, 2007, 08:46 PM
If you can't take the guilt anymore, you can send it to me for $5.00! :evil:

DWARREN123
June 16, 2007, 09:46 PM
Go back to the show tommorrow, there is a setup there that sells the sight tool.
Which range did you go to? Noisy neighbor!!

joplinsks
June 17, 2007, 12:38 AM
Usually the best deals at gun shows are the guns that aren't priced. Most folks think they're probably overpriced and won't even ask, but I've found it's usually because the seller doesn't know much about the gun or doesn't hold it in too high regard, resulting in a sweet deal :D

I attended a gun show in Tulsa today. Every gun I own was priced at least $100 to $150 more than what I paid from the regional gun shops. $150 for used Marlin 60s... $300 for used Mossberg 500s... $225 for used Maverick 88s... $150 for cheap department store single shot 22s. Amazing how the dealers can keep straight faces :rolleyes:

dstorm1911
June 17, 2007, 01:20 AM
ya can drift the sight with a pin punch just have someone hold it with a socket under the opposite side then tap it over

Picknlittle
June 17, 2007, 01:23 AM
Go back to the show tommorrow, there is a setup there that sells the sight tool.

Thanks,..I think I just might do that.

Which range did you go to? Noisy neighbor!!

The Mont. County Regional Complex at Southside.

Usually the best deals at gun shows are the guns that aren't priced.

This gun wasn't priced. He had a Russian priced at $350, a new Chinese for $200, another Yugo for $225, and a Romanian for $250.

This one and two other rifles weren't priced. When he accepted my offer I thought the woman sitting with him was gonna go off on both of us.:)

Picknlittle
June 17, 2007, 01:29 AM
ya can drift the sight with a pin punch just have someone hold it with a socket under the opposite side then tap it over

I tried to move the front sight on my T53 today. No luck. I hit that sucker pretty hard. I'll try again in my vise.

I looked at the SKS a few minutes ago and thought the same thing about using a punch. I'll tinker some after church tomorrow. If I can get them to move I may go back to the range. If not, I guess I'm Nashville bound. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "I feel like such a thief!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!