Robert Mitchum

PDA

Lucky
June 16, 2007, 08:00 PM
I thought him and the Duke were awesome in El Dorado. And it turns out he's remarkably prescient for a dead guy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zNawbuG4mTg

Let's hope there's a third option available though:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Robert Mitchum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Autolycus
June 16, 2007, 09:48 PM
So he wanted to go to Vietnam? Did he actually serve or was he a chickenhawk like many top GOP people?

http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

Elza
June 16, 2007, 10:10 PM
You mean like Al Gore? Served three months in the rear with what amounted to bodyguards while he was there? Oh, never mind. He’s a Dem.

cbsbyte
June 16, 2007, 10:22 PM
You mean like Al Gore? Served three months in the rear with what amounted to bodyguards while he was there? Oh, never mind. He’s a Dem.

Well at least he served in the military unlike most Republicans. And people wonder why the democrats are anti war, since most of them served in the military, and many of them in combat. Republicans always get off because of their daddy and money situation.

Robert Mitchum was a alcoholic and heavy drug user, not the kind of person you would want in the military.

Elza
June 16, 2007, 10:28 PM
Like Al Gores Senator Daddy and his fat wallet had nothing to do with Al’s ‘assignment’?

BTW, I served as well. I didn’t have anyone issuing orders that I was to be protected at all costs. I didn’t get to come home after three months. And, for the record, I’ve been a registered Republican all of my life.

McCall911
June 16, 2007, 10:33 PM
Born in 1917, Mitch was about 50 when Vietnam was in full swing.

ebd10
June 16, 2007, 11:43 PM
Well at least he served in the military unlike most Republicans.

That's cuz they had, "...other priorities."

Leanwolf
June 17, 2007, 12:15 AM
CBSBYTES - "Well at least he served in the military unlike most Republicans. And people wonder why the democrats are anti war, since most of them served in the military, and many of them in combat. Republicans always get off because of their daddy and money situation."

That's one of the most idiotic statements I've seen around here in some time.

L.W.

Elza
June 17, 2007, 12:33 AM
I'm sure that John McCain wasn't actually fighting when he got shot down. He just checked into the "Hanoi Hilton" to further the political endeavors that he was planning. :rolleyes:

(Not that I would vote for the flip-flop SOB but I certainly respect his military service.)

Dravur
June 17, 2007, 12:48 AM
Oh Wait....
and Barak Obama.. oh wait....
and the Hildabeast... oh wait....
And Nancy Pelosi... oh wait....
et al.

cbsbyte
June 17, 2007, 12:50 AM
http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

Read and weep. Seriously not many current Republicans have severed in the military. Facts don't lie. Sad but very true.

Lucky
June 17, 2007, 01:20 AM
Well **** now I want my own thread to be locked. Where's a mod when you need 'em?

stevelyn
June 17, 2007, 01:49 AM
I'm sure John McCain wasn't actually fighting when he got shot down.

But John McCain isn't actually a Republican either.

Jeff White
June 17, 2007, 06:07 AM
Locked at originator's request. Lucky, PM me if you weren't serious....It wouldn't have lasted much longer at this rate anyway.

Jeff

If you enjoyed reading about "Robert Mitchum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!