Who should be prosecuted first?

PDA

MJZZZ
June 16, 2007, 09:35 PM
Crystal Gail Mangum or Mike Nifong, now that the truth has finally come forth someone should go straight to prison. Where is Al Sharpton and his righteous indignation, I can't believe he will even show his face on TV. These two people should go not pass GO and go straight jail. I hope that Nifong has enough insurance to pay these innocent kids back for the hell he put them through. Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Who should be prosecuted first?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TCB in TN
June 16, 2007, 09:39 PM
Nifong, as an officer of the court he has a responsibility to act in an ethical manner, which he certainly did not. He deserves to not only be sued for everything he has or will ever have but also deserves to spend some real time behind bars for the damage done to those young men and the legal system itself. The the lying wench needs her turn in court and then in prison!

Geno
June 16, 2007, 09:52 PM
I agree only in part. Yes, he should go to jail, without doubt! So should she. However, the damage has been deeper, FAR deeper than to these three young men and their families. It will be years, and I mean decades before society's trust is rebuilt in the legal system. We have all just witnessed the root of the "Us V. Them" mentality of "Amerika"...liar perp; liar police; liar prosecutor; liar witnesses; and liars Sharpton & Jackson. ALL involved in the on-going abuse of the case should be sued and sent to jail. Did I say all?! I meant to.

In fact, I have said for years that absolutely no human should be given more credibility at face-value of their employment position. Respect and trust have to be earned...by all!

Scanr
June 16, 2007, 10:15 PM
Crystal Gail Mangum will be slapped with a big $$$ lawsuit. Which she will never be able to pay back. She will never be able to own anything.

Mike Nifong is probably imune from personal lawsuits on this one being a county employee, but, the county is not. They will be sued to the hilt! They will be sued by the lacross players, they will be sued by family members of the lacross players, they will be sued by the guy who mows the lawn of the family members of the lacross players. The county will be paying and paying and paying.

floridaboy
June 16, 2007, 10:20 PM
As Scanner says, the county will be sued into submission. They will deserve it for employing the tactics Nifong used.My hope it that other govermental agencies will learn fom this. But I am willing to bet that they won't.

Deanimator
June 16, 2007, 10:38 PM
Mangum's just a nutcase that Nifong exploited. The average illegal alien with a leafblower could have figured out that she was a few fries short of a Happy Meal in the first couple of days. He KNEW she was a whackjob. He just didn't CARE.

Nifong's the one who needs the bat broke off.

He needs criminal contempt charges filed, and he needs to be divested of his last penny to pay for the defendants' legal expenses.

One of the kid's mothers has as much as said that they plan to hound Nifong to his grave, and that sure sounds like a plan to me.

And to expand on today's comments by defense counsel, I think ALL of Nifong's prosecutions should be gone over with an electron microscope. If ANY of his other cases is even 1/10th as rotten as this one, he needs to do hard time.

Gee, it's North Carolina. Do you think his cellmate will make him dress up like Aunt Bea...?

glockman19
June 16, 2007, 10:40 PM
Flip a coin. or Both

Deanimator
June 16, 2007, 10:48 PM
Mike Nifong is probably imune from personal lawsuits on this one being a county employee, but, the county is not.
Nifong is probably NOT immune from suit, since he was quite clearly acting outside of the scope of his duties, and numerous legal experts have said exactly that on the various cable shows.

I've heard claims that if Nifong is subject to suit, that the county/state isn't. I find this hard to believe, since if Nifong has a boss, then it could very plausibly be argued that he, she or they failed to exercise due diligence in supervising him and his subordinates (who have also been cited as potential defendants on talkshows today).

If I was one of the defendants or their parents, I'd cause Mike Nifong so much grief, he'd hang himself in under two weeks.

Deanimator's three rules of interpersonal relations:

1. I hate bullies.
2. I hold grudges.
3. I have absolutely no sense of proportion.

pcf
June 16, 2007, 11:27 PM
However, the damage has been deeper, FAR deeper than to these three young men and their families.

And lets not forget victims of sexual assaults, who may not be willing to report an assault because they feel they can't trust the criminal justice system, that they will be unfairly treated by the media and public, and that they may be exploited for political purposes. The victims that do report assaults now get the "well that other B**** was lying, why should we believe you" treatment.

ctdonath
June 16, 2007, 11:32 PM
the county will be sued into submission.How so? It's just taxpayer money. There's always more of that - just ask any pol.

Elza
June 16, 2007, 11:39 PM
MJZZZ: Where is Al Sharpton and his righteous indignation, I can't believe he will even show his face on TV.You cannot be a grifter and have any sort of conscience or sense of shame and Al Sharpton is nothing more than a common grifter. :barf:

Daniel964
June 17, 2007, 06:00 AM
Deanimator's three rules of interpersonal relations:

1. I hate bullies.
2. I hold grudges.
3. I have absolutely no sense of proportion.

I'm gonna have to remember this one. LOL

cane
June 17, 2007, 11:12 AM
Nifong was a state, not county employee.

svtruth
June 17, 2007, 01:39 PM
who is undeservedly escaping is the university president who cancelled the lacrosse season and fired the coach.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who should be prosecuted first?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!