Nat. Guard smugglers

PDA

oneshooter
June 16, 2007, 10:25 PM
Three of our National Guard troops, while in uniform, using Govt. issued vehicles, were caught smuggeling ILLEGAL ALIENS into the United States!!!!! For a price of $150 per person!!! This is TREASON against this country for personal gain.:fire:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/special/immigration/4881430.html

My questions are these:

How long will the trial take?

Will they be stood up before a wall and SHOT, or be hung by the neck untill DEAD.

And why was there no outcry from the press?:cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Nat. Guard smugglers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bluecowdawg
June 16, 2007, 10:42 PM
And why was there no outcry from the press?

because they were helping the poor illegal aliens start a better life for themselves

Elza
June 16, 2007, 10:51 PM
oneshooter: How long will the trial take?

Trial? They will probably receive commendations and promotions! :fire: :banghead:

Car Knocker
June 16, 2007, 11:18 PM
This is TREASON against this country for personal gain.
Mighty loose definition of treason.

trueblue1776
June 16, 2007, 11:24 PM
entrepreneurs, excellent! Those folks were gonna get in anyways, our boys got to make a quick 150. Treason? Come on.

slzy
June 16, 2007, 11:25 PM
it is certainly an act of betrayal.

Car Knocker
June 16, 2007, 11:30 PM
But not treason by any stretch of the imagination.

Aguila Blanca
June 17, 2007, 12:11 AM
Three of our National Guard troops, while in uniform, using Govt. issued vehicles, were caught smuggeling ILLEGAL ALIENS into the United States!!!!! For a price of $150 per person!!! This is TREASON against this country for personal gain.
Sheesh.

TREASON - This word imports a betraying, treachery, or breach of allegiance.

The Constitution of the United States, Art. III, defines treason against the United States to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort. This offence is punished with death. By the same article of the Constitution, no person shall be convicted of treason, unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
I'll certainly agree that having NG troops engaging in smuggling illegal alients is despicable and intolerable, but treason? Nope. It's not treason.

obxned
June 17, 2007, 12:20 AM
Oooh, I'm shocked. Sleasy people are everywhere. Show them a way to make a few bucks and they sell their souls to the Devil.

ArfinGreebly
June 17, 2007, 12:56 AM
Mighty loose definition of treason.
A more common definition of treason might be "betrayal of trust" where one is entrusted with the security of one's nation.

It fails the strict Constitutional definition, but it's clearly a major trust failure.

Members of the armed forces who assist others to infiltrate our (their) country? I would have a hard time viewing them as other than traitors.

Strict definition notwithstanding.

eric_t12
June 17, 2007, 03:52 AM
dereliction of duty.

Kali Endgame
June 17, 2007, 10:47 AM
On Monday, Sgt. Julio Cesar Pacheco, 25, and Pfc. Jose Rodrigo Torres, 26, both of Laredo, and Sgt. Clarence Hodge Jr., 36

After this I am rethinking my support of foreign nationals being allowed into our military.

OT: $150, they could have gotten better than that.

plexreticle
June 17, 2007, 10:57 AM
Hung for treason?

Some sick folks on this board.

robert garner
June 17, 2007, 11:55 AM
They were probably just following orders, we jail our border patrol for doing their jobs, don't we?
robert

Car Knocker
June 17, 2007, 12:13 PM
After this I am rethinking my support of foreign nationals being allowed into our military.
What's the connection between foreign nationals in our military and this incident?

Young gun
June 17, 2007, 12:35 PM
They broke the law they will be tried and punished in accordance to the law. You can call it a betrayal of trust but any member of the military (or LEO) who commits almost any kind of crime, betrays the trust that we as society have placed in them, as well as the trust of government to which they serve.

Bringing in illegal immigrants is however a far lesser crime and breech of our faith then rape, murder, selling weapons to to criminals or terrorists, smuggling narcotics, and a number of other crimes.

Why the anger?

jselvy
June 17, 2007, 12:51 PM
They should be prosecuted under the UCMJ to the fullest extent by Military court martial. With the added bonus of the country then being in a time of emergency which, I think, adds the "in the face of the enemy" to the charges.

Jefferson

Car Knocker
June 17, 2007, 01:00 PM
I don't believe the U.S. government has declared war on Mexico or any other country south of our borders, therefore there is no legal "enemy".

jselvy
June 17, 2007, 01:08 PM
The Definition of "Enemy" is so nebulous these days any decent JAG officer could make that stick.

Jefferson

yokel
June 17, 2007, 03:49 PM
Bringing in illegal immigrants is however a far lesser crime and breech of our faith then rape, murder, selling weapons to to criminals or terrorists, smuggling narcotics, and a number of other crimes.

Why the anger?

:rolleyes:
Yeah, it's not like they neglected to vet the trespassers for MS 13 or al-Qaeda affiliation.

El Tejon
June 17, 2007, 06:03 PM
Who will guard the Border Guards?:D

Young gun
June 17, 2007, 07:18 PM

Why the anger?

Yeah, it's not like they neglected to vet the trespassers for MS 13 or al-Qaeda affiliation.

I'm not saying that these were all good people or that they might not pose a risk. Look at the crime for what the crime is not just possible effects that might of happened. Plus I seriously doubt Al queda would just Hop up into a bunch of US military vehicles to be taken off to who knows where across the border. And even if they would, we probably would have heard if that had happened.

jselvy
June 17, 2007, 07:21 PM
Well,
There is a "War on Drugs"
a "War on Crime"
a "War on Terror"
and a "War on Poverty"

Do they count? For determining an enemy?

Jefferson

eric_t12
June 18, 2007, 12:28 AM
a "War on Crime"

?

You mean we're enforcing law now?

when did this silliness begin?

freakazoid
June 18, 2007, 12:42 AM
Three of our National Guard troops, while in uniform, using Govt. issued vehicles, were caught smuggeling ILLEGAL ALIENS into the United States!!!!!

This I have no problem with.

For a price of $150 per person!!!

This I do, :mad:

because they were helping the poor illegal aliens start a better life for themselves

Dang straight. These "illegal aliens" are trying to make a better life for themselves and there families, nothing wrong with that. They cross a border where they have a high chance of dying or being caught and sent to jail. How many here if they had a chance to make a better life for themselves and family at the risk of death would do it?

Quote:
a "War on Crime"
?

You mean we're enforcing law now?

when did this silliness begin?

lol, XD

yokel
June 18, 2007, 07:18 AM
I'm not saying that these were all good people or that they might not pose a risk. Look at the crime for what the crime is not just possible effects that might of happened. Plus I seriously doubt Al queda would just Hop up into a bunch of US military vehicles to be taken off to who knows where across the border. And even if they would, we probably would have heard if that had happened.

Well, pretending that something that hasn't happened before won't happen in the future just doesn't cut the mustard as far as i'm concerned.

The risks definitely outweigh any conceivable benefits in my estimation.

xd45gaper
June 18, 2007, 08:46 AM
i dont think i would really call it treason, its not like they where selling out the national gaurd's weekend warrior laser tag schedual or anything:D

Kali Endgame
June 18, 2007, 11:02 AM
What's the connection between foreign nationals in our military and this incident?

If our own citizens can't uphold their oath, how can I expect a foreign national to uphold their oath? These guy's only allegience was to their own pocket book.

Car Knocker
June 18, 2007, 01:53 PM
If our own citizens can't uphold their oath, how can I expect a foreign national to uphold their oath?
Actually, a foreign national enlisted in our military to gain U.S. citizenship, might well have a greater appreciation of that citizenship than someone who was born a citizen and takes it for granted.

oneshooter
June 18, 2007, 05:37 PM
"Why the anger"

Simple, I have been involved in 3 accidents in the last two years. ALL involved illegal aliens with NO insurence, license, or inspection! MY rates go up and they run away back to Mexico!!!
Also I was a Marine for 8 years. I took the oath, I fought the battles, and I see these SCUM BAGS violating everything I believe in and fought for, FOR MONEY! Your d#@n right I'm angry. They should be put up to a wall and SHOT!!!

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas

freakazoid
June 18, 2007, 05:57 PM
MY rates go up and they run away back to Mexico!!!

It's not yours or the "illegals" fault that your rates went up. It is the company who you are through.

ServiceSoon
June 18, 2007, 08:50 PM
If our own citizens can't uphold their oath, how can I expect a foreign national to uphold their oath? These guy's only allegience was to their own pocket book.

and that my friend is one reason how the Roman empire fell....greed.

ServiceSoon
June 18, 2007, 08:58 PM
It's not yours or the "illegals" fault that your rates went up. It is the company who you are through.

The blame can rarely be pinned on one person or entity. I would start with blaming the politicians, then the police for not enforcing the laws, maybe the care dealer or private party for selling the car to somebody who didn't have a driver’s license and finally "the people" for not raising hell about the illegal immigration problem before it got out of control.

Can you please explain why you think it is an insurance company’s fault a person broke multiple laws and crashed into oneshoter?

Kali Endgame
June 18, 2007, 11:09 PM
Actually, a foreign national enlisted in our military to gain U.S. citizenship, might well have a greater appreciation of that citizenship than someone who was born a citizen and takes it for granted.

Generation ME is our biggest threat. I retract my biased and hopelesly ingnorant previous statement. The whole is only as great as the sum of its parts, it matters not the nationality, but the character within.
Only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.
*not exact quote*

oneshooter
July 4, 2007, 11:43 AM
Just a bump, and more info!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4942546.html

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas

Autolycus
July 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
How is this gun related? I believe it is off topic.

Black Adder LXX
July 4, 2007, 05:17 PM
A couple of bad examples making the others look bad. What a shame.

Art Eatman
July 4, 2007, 07:14 PM
This should have begun at http://www.armedpolitesociety.com

It's off-topic for THR.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "Nat. Guard smugglers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!