Dayton area shooting ranges??

PDA

Politically Incorrect
June 24, 2003, 10:36 PM
I'm fed up with a local gun club and its policies.

Is there anywhere around here that I could shoot? And if possible, bring a guest with me? I'm certain that I could introduce members of the local media I work with to the range so they can experience firearms first hand. Problem is, there isn't a range.

My uncle is coming from out of town next month and my dad would like to take him shooting. But no guest are allowed.

I wish I could buy a couple hundred acres and open it up for some High Roaders in this area.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dayton area shooting ranges??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
swingset
June 25, 2003, 03:12 AM
Spring Valley ODNR Range, south of Xenia by about 7 or 8 miles.

Here are the directions:

Location: Spring Valley, Ohio - 7 miles south of junction of Route 35 and Route 42 in Xenia, Ohio. While on Route 42 heading south, turn left on Roxanna-New Burlington Road - "My Lawn Landscape Company" (red metal building) is on the left corner. Go 1 mile to Houston Road, turn left and drive 1/2 mile to the range entrance on the right. The rifle range is down the hill at the end of the driveway.

DamnedDirtyApe
June 25, 2003, 09:29 AM
A little bit of a hike for you, but worth it......

http://www.ccfsa.com/

usp_fan
June 25, 2003, 09:37 AM
I can second the ODNR range recomendation. I lived in Dayton one summer while interning at NCR. My wife and I went out to that range at least twice a month.

No membership fee's (just pay per use) and lots of space. Ohio needs more of these.

--usp_fan

Fastlane
June 25, 2003, 10:26 AM
Politically Incorrect:

If you find a place to shoot please let me know. I live in West Carrollton and like you I have not found a club or range to use. I drive to Target World in Cincinnati.

Thanks... Terry

mrtgbnkr
June 25, 2003, 11:36 PM
I'm with you guys and tired of driving all the way to Cincy to shoot...I guess I need to go check out Spring Valley, but I just haven't had the time. If anybody knows of a good spot in the area, count me in!

Mark

If you enjoyed reading about "Dayton area shooting ranges??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!