Got my K31s

PDA

Gadsden
June 17, 2007, 05:16 PM
I finally got my K31s from Samco. It took almost a month. I may not buy from them again. Anyway, the K31s.

I found the recoil to be moderate, but after 30 rounds each from two rifles, my shoulder is hurting some. Yes, I needed two. Milsurp Disease, don't you know. I found the first rifle shot high when holding the front sight post right on the bullseye. With the second, I held the front post at the six o'clock of the target and hit more in the ballpark. Is this typical of this rifle? I'm sure that some of the problem is my crappy eyesight. I had trouble seeing the front post. Need to slap some bright paint on there.

The bluing and bores are great, but the stocks are a little chewed. I'm going to want to refinish. I read an article on surplusrifle that told me you can strip a stock in the dishwasher on the pots and pans cycle. Has anybody tried this?

In any case, these are great rifles with sweet triggers. I got a 1945 and a 1951, both with tags under the buttplate. I'd love to try and find these guys. More history of these guns would be great.

Now, I need to see about that cute little CZ82, but that's a different thread on a different forum.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my K31s" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thumbsmasher
June 17, 2007, 06:42 PM
It reguards to the idea of using a dish washer to clean a stock of cosmoline. I would caution against it. I have an SKS and I read the same info. So I popped the stock in the dishwasher and guess what? The stock warped on me. Of course it was pretty clean of cosmoline. But the stock warped. I felt like an idiot because I am a carpenter and a woodworker and I should know better. What effect do heat and water have on wood? They make it swell and move. Nature of the beast. I would suggest trying a black garbage bag in the sun and/or some solvents. Maybe there is a right way to perform this whole dishwasher procedure and someone can share. But it did give me an excuse to by a Tapco 6 pos. stock for my SKS. But I really sort of wish I had the wood stock and may yet buy one. Good luck.

eastwood44mag
June 17, 2007, 07:02 PM
Bought 2 identical guns?

Welcome to my world.

ftierson
June 17, 2007, 07:05 PM
Yup...

And you need at least one more in case two of them break...

:)

Have great fun with the K31s...

Forrest

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my K31s" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!