Range fees - what does your range charge?

PDA

rick_reno
June 24, 2003, 11:17 PM
We're trying to figure out how to raise some money for our city managed shooting range. We have 100/200 yd. rifle, 50 yard rifle/pistol, 25 yard rifle/pistol and a couple of 7 yard pistol benches available. Our cement benches are covered, we have sound proofing in the roof and we provide chairs, spotting scopes, ear and eye protection, a target (additional targets are $.25 each) and target stands and a porta potty. Our fees to shoot are $10 for a season pass (May to Novermber) and $3 for a daily pass. Most folks opt for the season pass. The range masters are volunteers (we get a free pass). We've been told we have to come up with some way to generate more money next year and we're concerned that raising fees might push shooters back into shooting everywhere else. We've worked hard to turn this range into a good asset for the community.

What do the ranges you folks shoot at cost? Please provide general location. We're in N. Idaho - the city is Sandpoint.

If you enjoyed reading about "Range fees - what does your range charge?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
digex
June 24, 2003, 11:22 PM
My local range charges $8.50 an hour. Ammo is competetive and targets start at 1.00 a piece. He has rentals and all that good stuff but I don't know how much those are. We're located in Scottsbluff, Nebraska. It's an indoor range, BTW and is pretty much a pistol range. Some rifles are ok, but I don't think they allow the big guns.

12 Volt Man
June 24, 2003, 11:30 PM
The one I frequent most charges $5.00 per session, and $30.00 per season pass. The pass is good for your whole family. The range is similar to what you describe, except it only goes out to 100 yards.

jsalcedo
June 24, 2003, 11:36 PM
One range is $3 per gun and $3 per target (4)NRA bullseyes

You can't replace targets so you have to move to a new table
and pay another $3.00 to shoot at a new one.
(free eyes and ears)

One is $6 flat fee unlimited guns and targets are 50 cents each
(range is ok but no benches all standing.
(free ears)

Another range is $4.54 per gun and $1 per new silhouette.

The most expensive is $8 per person shooting rifles and another $8 for shooting pistols per person.

Then its $4 per extra gun and $1 additional per target

So a guy taking his son 2 pistols and 2 rifles would be $32

Mastrogiacomo
June 24, 2003, 11:40 PM
My range charges $10 an hour. It's 25 cents for the target paper, I think $5 for ammo, $15 to rent a gun and I think they charge you for the ear protection and foam protection ($1.00) -- not sure what though. I have my own guns, my own ear protection and my own ammo so the most it costs me to shoot is $10.50....

I'm hoping to join a gun club soon....

Carlos
June 24, 2003, 11:52 PM
I must say "Raise That Price To at Least $50 a Year".

One time fees should be $5.

Sounds like a nice place. Recoup your expenses.

I pay $100 a year for a 10 lane 50 ft indoor pistol that I can use until 10 p.m.

For Rifles, I drive an hour (Mt Hood National Forest) and shoot. Then drive an hour back. I love that drive.

However, comma, there's a sweet range that would cut my driving in half with 100-600, skeet, indoor pistol range, events, etc., $65 a year after first year. I'll be joining soonest.

Another however, comma, is the bubba factor that I see at ranges. It gets tiring, but they do pay attention to the evil ones, and I drive away with a smile on my face, knowing I might have converted a man to a military style weapon.

We can't rapid fire there, so we drive to the Dump for the real shooting. No better stress relief.

I'll be keeping that $100 a year pistol range membership going until I die.

WingZero
June 24, 2003, 11:53 PM
Range time is $8.00 an hour, targets are $.50-$1.00.

Sisco
June 25, 2003, 12:05 AM
Gun club range is $50 per year plus an NRA membership.
Range I use the most is free, built and maintained by employees of the company I work for.
Neither one has indoor facilities.

SRYnidan
June 25, 2003, 12:16 AM
The Range I belong to charges $150 / Year but I get the combination to the gate. I can shoot at all hours of the night, there are no restrictions on type of weapons or magazines. You are free to rapid fire or shoot full auto (on the practical range).

DNA
June 25, 2003, 12:19 AM
Range #1 Indoors $160 for Annual Pass, $10 for 3 hours, $1 for eyes and ears, ~$1 pertargets, $10 gun rental, reloaded ammo is ok (50 rounds of .357mag for $10)

Range #2 Indoors $275 for Annual, $10 head/hour, $0.50 for ears and eyes, ~$1 per target, $6 gun rental, reloaded ammo at retail (50 rounds of .357mag for $14)

Dan

jsalcedo
June 25, 2003, 12:29 AM
The coolest range I went to was the gunstore in Las Vegas.
They rented all sorts of pistols(good condition) and a ton of Full auto (pistol caliber).

Here is the cool part.

The gun rental is $30 example MP5
With that rental you get 2 loaded mags.

Any extra ammo you want to shoot out of the SMG is regular store priced PMC.

I fired a WWII vintage Thompson for $30 plus 2 more boxes of PMC $9 each

UZI same thing but it broke down so I got to finish off with the MP5k.

I got out of there for under a hundred bucks.
They also have a rubber stamp of the gun you used so you can save your silhouette as a keepsake.

For you reloaders they sell brass by the 5 gallon bucket.
the rangemaster said they were literally knee deep in it after a
full auto Birthday party.

Greg L
June 25, 2003, 12:37 AM
$25/yr membership plus $1/shooter (member, $3 nonmember guest) per visit. RO's are volunteers and every member is supposed to work 3 events/year (they have lots of different events to help out at) as either a RO (most of the regulars are qualified) or helper in some other capacity.

I would bump the annual fee up to $25 or so especially if you point out at the same time the benifits of membership and what they are getting for the money for $3/month for the season.

Greg

YodaVader
June 25, 2003, 12:41 AM
My outdoor range is at a conservation club - the dues are $35 per year and you are issued a key to shoot at the range anytime there is not a club activity taking place.

The indoor pistol range increased their rates to $65 per year - again you are issued a key (elctronic key) to enter and shoot anytime you wish except when there is a pistol league taking place. Nice place to shoot in the winter since it is heated!

So , I pay $100 a year for the use of 2 ranges.

Idaho
June 25, 2003, 12:43 AM
Southern Idaho (Boise), public range:
$5/day or $100/year. Daily price includes 1 free target and use of the target stand and staple gun. Extra targets $.25. I don't know if eyes/ears are available, as I use my own. Range is outdoor, separate covered pistol and rifle ranges. Pistol range is largely self-regulated (it is about 50 yards away from the monitored rifle range), but seldom more than 2-3 shooters, and usually its just me. Rifle range has a good rangemaster (he and his wife share RM duties), solid benches, and some decent chairs (others are iffy) Distance is up to 200 yards (once-a-week availability of 600 yard range, use of which necessarily precludes use of regular pistol and rifle ranges, temporarily suspended - long story.)

I can literally go across the road and shoot in the desert for free, which I do for certain types of shooting, but I usually shoot at the range due to the (on weekends) abundance of frighteningly unsafe shooters in the desert.

Having moved here from Seattle, (where indoor pistol range fees ranged 8-10/hour), I find this place to be a bargain.

Standing Wolf
June 25, 2003, 12:44 AM
I pay $10 per day, with three free (usually poorly photocopied) targets.

OEF_VET
June 25, 2003, 12:48 AM
Here in the Nashville, Tn area the prices average around $10 - $15 per day. Targets are about $1 each.

By the way rick, are you a longtime resident of Sandpoint? The reason I ask is one of my best friends is originally from there. His name is Jon W. Nelson. He's been in the Army for just over 20 years now, but his folks still live there. Just thought you might now him.

Frank

JackShandy
June 25, 2003, 12:50 AM
$200.00/year for unlimited range time. Targets are .85. They have weird hours: closed Monday and Tuesday. Wed. and Thurs. open 1-7pm; Friday 1-6pm; Sat. 11am-6pm; Sun. 1-6pm. It's an indoor range with 10 lanes and every time I've been (Saturdays and one Thursday), there has never been more than two other people. I plan on getting my moneys worth in fairly short order.

boofus
June 25, 2003, 01:08 AM
My favorite range charges $6.50 per person. No time limit, no limit on number of guns. You can shoot anything but shotguns with buckshot. They rent out full-auto guns at $25 for 2 machineguns until you get sick of them or run out of money to buy ammo. No rules on rapid fire, you can empty the whole mag in 1 burst if you like. :p

The downside is the ventilation is bad and the range is only 25 yards long. :(

10-Ring
June 25, 2003, 01:28 AM
The range I most frequent is indoor & they charge $10 for the 1st person per hour, $15/hr for 2 people & $20/hr for 3...Membership is $275 per year.

LAWDOGKMS
June 25, 2003, 01:42 AM
I feel spoiled now, hearing some of the range fees you folks pay,,

Ours is outdoors, in a beautiful setting..

50 yard pistol range

100 yard rifle range

skeet/trap range

We have 3-gun matches monthly, bullseye, skeet etc...always something going on..

Often I go at the end of the day in the last hour of daylight, and have the place to myself, shoot a little, watch the sun go down, and unwind...

$20.. a year.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pacfcccec8be29f76d916af0fd6bb4baa/fbd7ee3e.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p96421fd86f13eadee809a4870c577ae3/fbd7ee40.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p0d10ec1bd6ce0cf327ea4beb645e54b1/fbd7ee43.jpg

Sactown
June 25, 2003, 01:44 AM
my local outdoor range charges $10 all day. YOu can alternate between rifle and pistol, but you donate $.25 or $.50 for the new target.

carp killer
June 25, 2003, 01:47 AM
$5 per day for members($25 per yr.). $10 per day nonmembers. Rifle, pistol and trap. 1 free target. $.25 per target. No rapid fire (sucks). 15 yd, 25 yd, 50 yd, 100 yd, 200 yd, 300 yd, 575 yd, 800 yd, berms.

jsalcedo
June 25, 2003, 02:40 AM
http://www.lasvegasphototour.com/ShootMachineGun/machinegun.htm

I figured many of you would rather go to vegas and make noise than hand over your cash to the one armed bandit.

tbotts
June 25, 2003, 02:52 AM
My range charges $10.00 a day, all day, for each person. Children(cant think of the age cutoff right now, but I think it is age12) can shoot for free. Members pay $40.00/yr plus NRA membership and can then shoot for free anytime, with the exception of participating in our shooting groups, eg: CAS, IDPA.
We collect our money from membership dues, daily range fees from non-members, and also collect half of the entry fees from our different shooting groups/commitees: such as Cowbot Action Shoots; Muzzleloader Rendevous; combat pistol matches(idpa etc.), trap/skeet competitions, etc.
I think our main money maker is the trap/skeet shooters.
Paper targets are for sale or you can bring your own.
County sheriff/deputies and city police officers use our range as well as the military. I dont know what thier range fees are, if any.

4 eyed six shooter
June 25, 2003, 03:09 AM
I think most of the replies are on track. In addition to the yearly fee, something like $5.00 a day to shoot should not turn away too many shooters. Part of the fun of the range is talking with other members. $5.00 is cheap entertainment these days.
John K

Kharn
June 25, 2003, 08:39 AM
Maryland DNR range, open to the public for $20/year, DNR employee RO during business hours, 50 yards, 8 benches. If you're too lazy to show up during business hours to get the permit and pay the money (or mail in the permit application and a check), you'll get a nice ticket from the local sheriff for $120...

Kharn

Tman
June 25, 2003, 09:17 AM
Indoor Range in Austin, TX:
$12/hr, $0.50 per target, $300 unlimited range membership/yr.
I can't remember if they charge for eyes and ears, since I always bring them with me (as well as an extra set for friends).

Chris Rhines
June 25, 2003, 09:35 AM
I do most of my shooting at the NRA Headquarters range in Fairfax; they charge $12.00/hr. However, they only charge you for the second hour (and so on) if there are people waiting to use the range.

Target-wise, I live close enough to National Target Company that I'll drive up there every once in a while and stock up.

- Chris

keithernTN
June 25, 2003, 10:05 AM
Im a member at my range. They are part gunstore, gunsmith, and indoor, 10 lane, 25 yard pistol range. $175 a year unlimited range time, discount on membership if you buy a gun from them. They have rental guns, MP5, UZI and such which are cheaper to rent if you are a member.

Normal fees for non members is $9.50 an hour.

DW
June 25, 2003, 10:07 AM
My range charges $12 per half hour. $1.00 per target.

DW

CZ-100
June 25, 2003, 10:09 AM
Took my son the the range on Sat. Indian River County Range (Florida). It was $6.50 for me and $4.50 for my son (he's 11) that is for ALL day both Rifle and Pistol.

This is a Very Nice range, If you live around here, check it out.

Smoke
June 25, 2003, 10:39 AM
The local club here lost the lease on the property where the range was located. Had to acquire new property so rates went up. Oddly enough traffic has increased (new property?) since the move and rate increase.

New/Old

Annual $50/35
Day use $8/5

Targets: Bring your own
Clays: Bring your own
Eyes/Ears Bring your own

RustyHammer
June 25, 2003, 10:51 AM
(25-yard indoor range)

Membership: $65 every six months, plus $4.50 per hour.
Non-Membership: $10.50 per hour.

Targets (25-cents and up, depending upon type). Can bring your own (free).

keyhole
June 25, 2003, 10:53 AM
Membership gun club- outdoors, great setting

200 yard rifle
25 yard pistol
50 yard shotgun ( skeet/ clays in development)

NRA required- 25.00 yearly

50.00 yearly dues, access year round, closed during deer firearms season. Members can bring guests. no extra fee. Members have gate access.

Eyes & ears , staple gun, targets, all provided

Nathaniel Firethorn
June 25, 2003, 11:15 AM
OK, LAWDOGKMS, where the heck is it? ;)

The range I'm currently shooting charges $12/hour or $300/year. However, it is going out of business soon, due to the combined greed of the insurance company and the landlord. :(

- pdmoderator

762x51
June 25, 2003, 11:32 AM
Outdoor range (200 yard rifle, 100 yard rifle, and separate 50 foot pistol) charges $10 a head for the whole day. Indoor pistol and small bore rifle charges $7.50 a head for 2 hours however I have never seen them ask someone to leave or to buy more time.

jade
June 25, 2003, 11:44 AM
my range(indoor pistol) is $13/hour, but i think they only charge for the second hour if there are others waiting. if you buy ammunition from them you only pay $9 or so. i'm a member of the colorado women's shooting club, so i get to shoot at that range for half price. targets range in price from $0.20 to $2.00

hanko
June 25, 2003, 12:51 PM
I shoot at the Nampa R&G Club. $100/year for my wife and me, $10/year for a key to the gate. Pistol pits, silouhette, 25/50/100/200 rifle ranges, plus CMP every Wednesday night with additional 300/600 yd ranges. Very uncrowded except near deer/elk season. Class III just fine. Nice folks.

NRG also has an indoor range.

Nampa Rod & Gun (www.geocities.com/nrgcnews)

Idaho, are you talking about Blacks' Creek Range??

-hanko

lee n. field
June 25, 2003, 01:27 PM
Nothing.

My usual dealer sells guns out of a shed on his farm. (He also makes gun safes. About 2 weeks work goes into each one.) He has a range in his back 40 that he lets folks use. Single lane, about 100 yards long with a bench at one end and a berm heavy steel plate and handmade heavy steel dueling tree at the other.

spacemanspiff
June 25, 2003, 01:38 PM
$7 a day, or something like $40-50 for an annual pass. i usually buy a couple bucks worth of targets (4 for a buck) and i have my own i bring as well.
there must be 15 lanes for the pistol (50 yd) and about the same number of lanes for rifle (100 yd), a couple lanes designated for .22lr only, one used for ccw and leo training, and a skeet range.

the only thing i wish they had is indoor restrooms. their portapotties are nasty.

Alan Smithiee
June 25, 2003, 03:47 PM
our range (1 X 100 yard rifle, 2 X 35 yard pistol bays, shooting table, shooting cover) charges $50.00 a year for family membership. for an extra $15.00 you can get an associate membership for the indoor pistol range next county over.

http://www.palouseshooters.org/

Combat-wombat
June 25, 2003, 03:52 PM
$60 a year, you can shoot anytime, 9am-dusk, and you can bring your whole family (no friends for free)

Cosmoline
June 25, 2003, 04:15 PM
Spiff--try Birchwood and you'll never go back to crowded Rabbit Creek. $130 or so a year gets you unlimited after-hours and holiday access to about a dozen shotgun ranges and six or seven pistol and rifle ranges from 25 to 300 yards.

I spent all of Christmas day out there and had the place to myself! Pretty darn cool.

spacemanspiff
June 25, 2003, 04:25 PM
$130? i'll have to think about it. i've been to rabbit creekk 3 times in the last month and its never crowded. in fact, only once has the rifle range been filled to capacity. pistol range has been 2/3 full at most, last couple weeks i shared it with maybe 3 others at any given time.

but it would be nice to go to a range that doesnt shut down for a month during winter.

know of any places down along the seward highway that can be used as an unofficial range?

bogie
June 25, 2003, 04:49 PM
http://www.brcstl.org/

St. Louis Benchrest Rifle Club - $150/year, I've _never_ had to wait for a bench (have had to switch ranges tho - no big deal), and it's members only, only after you get a safety walk through.

Jrob24
June 25, 2003, 05:03 PM
my range is at a private gun club. 100 yard outdoor rifle, 40 ft indoor pistol. $95/yr membership dues, unlimited range time

dav
June 25, 2003, 05:09 PM
Being in the city limits choices, and raises prices...

Indoor range, 25 yds, rifle or pistol (any caliber) but no full auto (this IS **********), air conditioned with electric target retrieval. 14 lanes.

$350 a year/unlimited (includes gun if you buy their ammo) or
12.00 per person w/minimum 2 people per lane (LEO/Military half price) + $6 if you want to rent their guns (again, if you rent their gun you have to buy their ammo).

Free eyes/ears, targets .50 - .75 (you can use your own, first one is free if you are renting a gun).

At least it is convenient and a nicely kept place.

michiganfan
June 25, 2003, 05:31 PM
275 a year with range time you want or no membership at 10.00 an hour

Black_Talon
June 25, 2003, 05:34 PM
Outdoor range (SGV Gunclub) charges $8/day on weekdays, $10/day on weekends.

Closest indoor range is $10/hour.

telewinz
June 25, 2003, 05:39 PM
24/7 Indoor/outdoor pistol range, 120 meter rifle range, trap shooting range....$25 a year, $300 lifetime membership.

geekWithA.45
June 25, 2003, 06:02 PM
My indoor range charges $240 for a yearly membership!

(Shoot as much as I want, though, I can take a lane all day, and there's no ammo restrictions. At all. We had a .guy with a 50bmg one day, glad I missed it!)

Members get a 10% discount on everything except guns, which makes ammo competitive with bulk internet buys in some cases.

It's like $17.50 an hour for nonmembers, gun rental is $8.

My guess is that the dark & fascist state of NJ puts the insurance squeeze on em.

Hawk
June 25, 2003, 07:32 PM
Dallas indoor range fees thus:
http://www.dfwgun.com/FeesMembership.htm

The 300.00/year deal pays for itself pretty quickly.

The MP-5 and Chicago Typewriter packages are the berries for entertaining clients. The mags are even pre-loaded.

CZ 75 BD
June 25, 2003, 07:44 PM
just outside Birmingham. www.foprangeinc.com Family membership $200.00 year. Public area is $10 per day M-F, $15 on weekends. Members have 7 other areas for rifle and pistol. The best place to shoot around here!:D

ZekeLuvs1911
June 25, 2003, 08:20 PM
My range charges 9.50 per hour. It is an indoor range so it limits you to pistol calibers of no more than a .44 Mag. I'm also a member of the Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol club.

http://www.cjrpc.com/

Zip06
June 25, 2003, 10:52 PM
Portland, Oregon indoor range. Membership criteria, be breathing, make sure check clears the bank and be a member of the NRA. Dues are $100/year. Indoor 50 foot, 10 lane range. Targets are on a pulley system. Hours are 0800-2000/365 days a year. Entry is by Card Key. No range master. Targets and ears available.

MikeK
June 25, 2003, 11:13 PM
Outdoor range similar to yours - $195/yr. Range fee is $150/club membership is $45. Last year it was $95 total. It's an association of gun clubs. The range fee went up by $100 to buy nearby property and keep up with the other clubs.

Indoor range is ~ $11 an hour and $150 annually.

I need to move.

Kenneth Lew
June 26, 2003, 12:12 AM
$5.00 indoor.

Quintin Likely
June 26, 2003, 12:27 AM
www.shootersofcolumbus.com

Local gun store has a 25 yard indoor pistol range. $10/hr. or $150/yr membership. Free 6 month membership with purchases of over $400, 1 year if you go over $1000, I think. All sorts of different targets are available, silhouettes, NRA bullseyes, Bin Ladens, ranging from .25 to a dollah. Anything up to .44 mag is OK, shotguns are OK, no centerfire rifles.

www.rpcrange.com

If you want to shoot your rifle around here, English Range on Ft. Benning is the place to go...$50/yr membership, range goes to 500 yards, steel plates at 300 and 360. There's another range down the road from the house that shoots High Power; I plan on heading thataway before too long, High Power competition intrigues me.

Zackmeister
June 26, 2003, 02:33 AM
$50 for one year membership to Austin Rifle Range.

Ala Dan
June 26, 2003, 09:07 AM
If I use the local police range on the 1st Saturday
of each month, then its absolutely free!:D :uhoh:

Otherwise, another FOP range a few miles away
cost $12.00 @ hour!:mad: :rolleyes:

Best Wishes,
ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

JeepDriver
June 26, 2003, 07:32 PM
Mine is $205 per year, un-limited range time. Or $8 per half hour for non mambers. Member guest get a $2 per half hour break on range time. Each family member added to the membership is an additional $20 per year, but they must havethe same address on their DL.

Targets are from $0.50 to $0.95. The ammo is slightly high, but they gotta make a living too. It's a 25 yard indoor range w/ 14 lanes and good ventalation.

They rent Class III. $25 per sub gun + their ammo. Handguns are $5 + their ammo.

Nothing over 2000 FPS allowed, no shot gun slugs only buck shot.

Open 7 days a week 10-9 M-F and 9-6 Sat and Sun

Cosmoline
June 26, 2003, 08:18 PM
"know of any places down along the seward highway that can be used as an unofficial range?"

There's supposedly one just south of Alyeska, but I've never tried to use it. I hunted small game near there a few years back, and could always here gunfire.

Mil Novecientos Once
June 26, 2003, 08:19 PM
Range fees - what does your range charge?

My local outdoor range charges $64 for a year, $500 lifetime. Targets are from .25 to $1. Unlimited range time, allows drawing from concealment, rapid fire, it has an area for IPSC scenarios.

Pistol range is 25yds and rifle is limited to 100yds You can use rifles on the area designated to scenarios, but you can't shoot at steel plates for obvious reasons.

On August they will be selling reloads for .38 spl, 9mm, .40SW, .45ACP, .380, .308, .223 and maybe 30.06

cool45auto
June 26, 2003, 08:46 PM
The one I've been going to recently is free. It's an outdoor range the Department of Natural Resources has close to my house. I'd love to go to an indoor range if there was one in my area.

CB900F
June 26, 2003, 09:15 PM
Rick;

The Missouri River Assn range in Great Falls charges $30.00 annual membership. This is a private club range & no daily fee. Your range sounds as though it's much nicer, although shorter. Another range in the same general geographic area is the Stuckenhoff range in Casper WY. This is a city range. Also $30.00 yearly or $2.00 a day if you don't hold a yearly membership. It has a purpose built log clubhouse with indoor archery & airgun range. Also indoor firearms benches that have ports in the wall, for those -30f days ya know. The ports fire onto the 300 yard rifle range. That's got about 15 porched positions & 10 open positions. Conrete amby benches with a swivel stool adjustable for height. A 100 yard pistol range, a self serve trap range, a tower sporting clays facility and last but NOT least. A 600 yard black powder cannon range. Man, when a bowling ball mortar lofts a 16lb ball a 1000 feet in the air, you feel a THWOP under your diaphram you can't believe, and that's from 80 yards away!

900F

Stevie-Ray
June 26, 2003, 09:44 PM
My range charges $14/hr. or $9 for a 1/2 hr.

slh02
June 26, 2003, 11:56 PM
Would that be Select Fire? Sounds just like it, except it seems that your membership is a little higher than i remember it being. That is the range I belong to but honestly cant rememer how much it was. I think about $160 for a family membership per year.

JeepDriver
June 27, 2003, 07:53 PM
Would that be Select Fire? Sounds just like it, except it seems that your membership is a little higher than i remember it being. That is the range I belong to but honestly cant rememer how much it was. I think about $160 for a family membership per year

No it's Continental Arms in Cockeysville.

jsalcedo
June 27, 2003, 08:16 PM
How much is charged for skeet and trap where you guys go?

The place I go has about 8 stations of different types and its 20 cents a bird.

Since I miss a lot It ends up costing me about $40 to do country doubles or crazy quail for 2 hours.

jeff4570
June 28, 2003, 08:22 AM
Elm City Gun Club ,East Haven CT.....We have 325 member limit ,$50 dues ,$100 'Work or Pay' per year , $400 initiation fee , assessments when needed. Trap range fee $3 Combat pistol or rifle matches $1 ,other ranges no fee. Guests are free.
Im a life member and webmaster so my dues are typically $20 .
:) ECGC (http://www.geocities.com/ElmCityGun/ECGC.html)

general
June 28, 2003, 09:19 AM
Just got my renewal slip in the mail... $80.00 a year + 2.00 a visit/5.00 for guests.

campergeek
July 13, 2003, 02:24 AM
I just went this morning to a local range (Jay Henges Range west of St. Louis) operated by the Missouri Conservation Department. $3 per booth per hour in the rifle/pistol range (15-100 yds), and $3 per 25 targets at the trap range. Good entertainment for my money!

There are some caveats, though. No rapid fire on the rifle/pistol line (specifically banned along with fully-automatics, armor-piercing bullets, tracers and incindiary bullets). On the trap line, only one round can be in your shotgun at a time, which I thought was a bummer as I hoped to practice some follow-up shots with my 870. I don't think there is a skeet range or sporting clays course at this particular range.

Nando Aqui
July 13, 2003, 07:37 PM
St. Louis area - Bush Wildlife area and Jay Henges
http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/areas/ranges/busch/info/
http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/areas/ranges/henges/

Both charge $3/hour per booth. Targets are free, as are ear plugs (pretty good ones) and eye protection (eye protection to be returned).

Rifle and pistol: 15 through 100 yards, well run and closely watched for safety. The only thing I don't like is that they do not allow prone or kneeling positions - just sitting (bench) or standing are allowed.

Caveat: The Jay Henges booths are more enclosed, and the sound and pressure are amplified. I noticed this afternoon that some of the youngsters (and there always seem to be several families shooting there - which is fantastic!) appeared to be surprised and/or bothered by the noise level even though they were wearing hearing protection.

The roads to the Jay Henges range are all paved and the parking lot is pristine, as is the range; but both ranges are fun.

Alex

Zach S
July 13, 2003, 08:18 PM
$5 per half hour, $3 for members. Targets range from .25 to .75 I think. Its indoors, 25 yards, pistol calibers only.

AZTOY
July 13, 2003, 08:40 PM
$5 all day (non- member) $35 for a 1 year membership:D

http://www.tucsonrifleclub.org/

If you enjoyed reading about "Range fees - what does your range charge?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!