Another NICS Question

PDA

rugerman07
June 18, 2007, 04:21 PM
Is there any way to find out if your on this new updated NICS banned list?:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Another NICS Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Noxx
June 18, 2007, 04:25 PM
Ahoy.

http://www.nicsezcheckfbi.gov/servlet/echeck.http.Index

rugerman07
June 18, 2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the link. I checked out the website and got this message when I tried to register an account.

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

RavenVT100
June 18, 2007, 05:07 PM
Wait, don't you have to be an FFL to take advantage of NICS?

What is this E-Check thing?

rugerman07
June 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
I don't know. It sounded kind of hokey to me too.

JohnBT
June 18, 2007, 05:26 PM
I got as far as the page that says you are entering a secure computer and only users authorized by the FBI are allowed. Or something like that.

Thanks a lot for the link. :)

John

AntiqueCollector
June 18, 2007, 06:35 PM
From the help pages there:

"Who can use the FBI NICS E-Check?
Any FFL and/or their designated representatives who normally contacts NICS for firearm transactions may use the FBI NICS E-Check. Individuals that utilize the FBI NICS E-Check are required to register with the FBI NICS E-Check to obtain access. This system can be used only for firearm transactions in accordance with the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993."

If you enjoyed reading about "Another NICS Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!