SKS Barrel

PDA

Aaryq
June 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
Howdy, folks. If you don't know, the barrel on some models of SKS rifles are equipped to fire a rifle-grenade. In CA, it is illegal to have that "grenade launcher" on your barrel. If one has a regular SKS, would it be possible to convert it to be CA compliant or would you have to speak with a gunsmith?

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dstorm1911
June 18, 2007, 09:10 PM
only the Yugo has a grenade launcher every other SKS does not

Picknlittle
June 19, 2007, 12:18 AM
You can remove it without harming the gun or the launcher. You have to make a clamp to use in a vise to unscrew it. I saw the article on one of the milsurp sites.

CWL
June 19, 2007, 02:44 AM
I don' t think that you're going to be able to find any in CA anyways. I know that you've just joined the military, do you really have any time to leave the state, buy a SKS and bring it back?

Much easier to buy a Norinco.

crazed_ss
June 19, 2007, 02:52 AM
Howdy, folks. If you don't know, the barrel on some models of SKS rifles are equipped to fire a rifle-grenade. In CA, it is illegal to have that "grenade launcher" on your barrel. If one has a regular SKS, would it be possible to convert it to be CA compliant or would you have to speak with a gunsmith?

For the Yugo M59/66's to be sold in CA, the importer must remove the GL and install a muzzle break. Call Turners in San Marcos. They're not far from Camp Pendleton and usually sell Yugo SKS's for 180-200. That's where I got mine.

Check out the SKS at the bottom of the page here.. you can see what the CA muzzle break looks like.. http://petesdiscountfirearms.com/ZastavaSKS.html

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!