Getting tired of abb.

PDA

BBQJOE
June 18, 2007, 08:13 PM
Since getting into reloading and joining THR, I think I must have been forced to learn a gajillion abbreviations. It really does have my brain somewhat overworked trying to find out what they all mean.

I bought some bullets the other day for .38 special. Normally I find 124gr in cast or jacketed or what ever is on sale.

Well I got a really good deal ($19 for 500) on some lead core copper plated bullets. The strange thing is they are one grain heavier. 125gr

No big deal. Except for whats written on the box:FPWOCA
Okay I got the flat point part, but what about the rest?

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting tired of abb." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
June 18, 2007, 10:00 PM
That's a new one on me also. Maybe Flat Point WithOut CAnnelure?

ZeSpectre
June 18, 2007, 10:20 PM
hah, my head also just exploded. It's almost as bad as working at the original abbreviation factory (the pentagon).

layusn1
June 18, 2007, 10:26 PM
Geeze, be glad ya didn't join the Navy...we would drive you insane.

taliv
June 18, 2007, 10:51 PM
sure it's not a lot number?

langenc
June 18, 2007, 10:55 PM
are not all cast bullets WOCA? without cannulure(sp)?

Car Knocker
June 18, 2007, 11:00 PM
Since cannelures are essentially a crimp groove in jacketed bullets, they are analogous to the crimp grooves that are in some cast revolver bullets.

wally
June 18, 2007, 11:26 PM
We have a pool going as to when NASA will introduce the first meta-acronym where each letter of the acronym is in fact another acronym. :)

--wally.

Odnar
June 19, 2007, 08:10 AM
That is a good deal, where'd you get them?

(Sorry I don't know the answer to your question...)

JoeHatley
June 19, 2007, 11:39 AM
I must have been forced to learn a gajillion abbreviations.

Kinda like "BBQ" ? ;)

Joe

BBQJOE
June 19, 2007, 04:27 PM
That is a good deal, where'd you get them?
On clearance from a local gun shop.

pbonebright
June 19, 2007, 06:57 PM
Is there a list somewhere of all of the common abbreviations?

Mal H
June 19, 2007, 07:46 PM
Yes, in the THR library (upper right corner link), select "Common Acronyms/Terms (local)" under "Acronyms...", and then Bullet Design on that page.

pbonebright
June 19, 2007, 08:13 PM
Wow- sweet!
Lots of good stuff there - I had picked up most of it by osmosis but there are tons of these things floating around.
thanks
PB

Noxx
June 19, 2007, 09:24 PM
It's almost as bad as working at the original abbreviation factory (the pentagon).

You should visit us at Disney, home of the acronym as an art form.

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting tired of abb." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!