opinions...

PDA

oobray
June 18, 2007, 11:14 PM
I'm goin to be traveling to Alaska (from texas) in about a month. I will be staying in Anchorage, and I am looking for a good day hike (I am an experienced hiker, and would love suggestions if you know of one). I am considering bringing my 1911 for carrying while hiking. Does anyone know of a link to the AK laws? I was looking around on the net and I can't get a clear description of the laws. I am really looking to read the laws themselves.
Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "opinions..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
trueblue1776
June 18, 2007, 11:19 PM
Anchorage is gorgeous, hiking around all the old mines in the mountains is cool (dangerous, I know), don't know any trails, I just walk around. Have fun, and I wouldn't worry about anybody giving you guff on the pistol. Have a pint at the Moose's Tooth for me.

TallPine
June 19, 2007, 09:36 AM
Trying to remember back 30 years ... there is/was a place you could drive up on the mountain behind Eagle River and park and hike. I can't remember what street leads you up there. Where you park itself is way above the tree/brush line so you start out in an alpine environment. Nice views of Cook Inlet and the ranges to the west and north. In a half day, you could get back into some pretty rough country.

springmom
June 19, 2007, 10:37 AM
Go to www.packing.org and look up Alaska. Enjoy your vacation.

Springmom

jaydog
June 19, 2007, 11:22 AM
oobray,

Chugach state park just outside of Anchorage is full of day hike trails - check out the following link for more info - http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/units/chugach/

Springmom already pointed you to a site with all the info you need regarding gun laws here. Alaska does have reciprocity with Texas as well.

Have fun! Alaska is a beautiful place - even around Anchorage;)

jaydog
Juneau, AK

If you enjoyed reading about "opinions..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!