Good, cheap source for .30 Carbine?

PDA

Ratzinger_p38
June 18, 2007, 11:14 PM
Took my M1 Carbine out to the range and had a blast with it. One problem - ammo for this thing is not cheap. I dont know if there is a CMP source, but my local shop only carries Winchester .30 carbine which is 21 dollars for 50 rounds. Ouch.

I keep on hearing about how some other countries still use M1 carbines in some police services, so it begs the question - is there a good milsurp supply of .30 carbine for sale in the 'states, and if not, what the cheapest source of .30?

If you enjoyed reading about "Good, cheap source for .30 Carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Matt-man
June 19, 2007, 04:31 AM
CMP does have .30 Carbine ammo. It's commercial, not surplus, manufactured by Aguila. $250 per 1000 plus about $18 for shipping.

M2 Carbine
June 19, 2007, 08:41 AM
Good, cheap source for .30 Carbine?

My first answer is to hand load your own ammo.
But if you can't load your own the next best way to reduce your ammo cost is to collect your fired cases (brass) and sell it to a reloader.
You can reduce your ammo cost by about 25 percent.

ball3006
June 19, 2007, 02:32 PM
come to mind, about 10 bucks a box of 50....Wolf also.....chris3

If you enjoyed reading about "Good, cheap source for .30 Carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!