.45 witness range report/function test

PDA

kjeff50cal
June 20, 2007, 12:40 AM
I took my new .45 Witness for a shake down shoot. I shot 50 rounds of Academy store brand (Monarch Brass 230grn FMJ), 50 rounds of reloads (remanufactured 230grn FMJ) and about 50 rounds of mixed loads from PMC, Fronteer, and Wincrester (cleaned out my ammo locker a bit). Did not go for groups but it did turn in about a 3" 10 shot group initially with the Monarchs which fed flawlessly. I moved on to the reloads and had two FTFeeds. The first was a classic double feed, the other an over-length round got stuck in the magazine (the last time I buy from those guys).

I shot the mix lot of ammo HP & FMJ loaded as I would in a carry situation and it again performed well. Other then the FTFs the only other sore spot was an actual sore spot.... the trigger. It is a grooved trigger and the ridges were almost cutting sharp:eek:. When I cleaned it I took some 400 grit W/D paper the trigger, now it feels much better.

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 witness range report/function test" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
p85
June 20, 2007, 07:22 AM
You're going to like having that pistol. After a bit, don't be surprised if you decide to buy a conversion set for it.

CZF
June 20, 2007, 09:26 PM
I like CZ75s.. and the Witness is a great copy. My 10mm is a sweet shooter, just wish that they had better sights like a CZ75B so that you could add Nights easily.

If you enjoyed reading about ".45 witness range report/function test" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!