Cartridge case roller sizer - who made it?

PDA

Gewehr98
June 20, 2007, 01:17 AM
A while back, I visited a friend who had a commercial reloading business. He had several neat devices that ran a given size of fired brass upright between rollers and a steel plate, getting rid of any oversized dimensions in the bottom end of the brass before resizing and reloading.

I forgot to ask him back then, and I'll be darned if I remember now. Perhaps Benchrest folks know, or others who reload for tight-chambered rifles and handguns.

Anybody here care to put a name or distributor to the device?

If you enjoyed reading about "Cartridge case roller sizer - who made it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
June 20, 2007, 02:25 AM
It was probably a Scharch product, made by Dan Scharch. You can find them at www.scharch.com.

He also makes some of the finest pistol brass on the market, but in limited calibers.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Sheldon
June 20, 2007, 07:03 AM
How about this one made by CasePro. Only pistol calibers though from what I see. http://www.casepro.net/index.html

cheygriz
June 20, 2007, 11:23 PM
Anybody here care to put a name or distributor to the device?

I think the Scharch is probably the machine you saw in the commercial reloader's shop.

C. H. Luke
June 21, 2007, 07:08 PM
"Perhaps Benchrest folks know, or others who reload for tight-chambered rifles and handguns."

THis one isn't as expensive or as fast as the Case-Pro already mentioned but none the less a possible alterative for the Hand Loader:

http://www.magmaengineering.com/item.php?id=3

Gewehr98
June 21, 2007, 08:23 PM
But they weren't what I was thinking of. I knew there was one for the benchrest crowd that did rifle cases one at a time. I'll have to study up on the Magma Engineering version, it sounds intriguing.

I've got a lot of 6.5x54 M-S brass that differs in case diameter between lots, and I'd like to uniform them to the smaller side of the specs. Short of a small-base sizing die, or a custom sizing die, I figured the roller sizer would be a logical solution.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cartridge case roller sizer - who made it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!