FN's FNP-45 pistol

PDA

Slater
June 20, 2007, 06:54 PM
http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF020&gid=FNG001&mid=FNM0061

Think this thing will be a hit?

If you enjoyed reading about "FN's FNP-45 pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Boats
June 20, 2007, 07:01 PM
The specs look nice, it will depend on the price. The FNP 9 and 40 are priced like also-rans.

Shipwreck
June 21, 2007, 01:16 AM
Yes - many people are awaitin' for it.....

ugaarguy
June 21, 2007, 02:16 AM
I took an FNP armorer's course earlier this week, and the FNH USA reps there had an FNP 45 prototype, which I was able to handle. This one was set up DA/SA, but the reps assured me that the production guns will have a 3 position safety/decocker, a la USP variant 1; up for safe, middle for fire, down for de-cock. Full production is slated for November they said. They had no pricing info at this time.

The pistol handled quite nicely for .45 with such capacity, and was quite comfortable grip width wise even for my short fat fingers. The bore axis seemed a bit high; it has a tall grip, but again, I've got smaller hands. Both the DA and SA pulls were quite nice for a service pistol as well. The grip frame does have a pretty agressive checkering pattern molded in, but it was still quite comfortable for me.

If it's priced like the curent FNPs, and the trigger pulls are as nice as on the prototype I handled this should be a very competitive pistol.

The standard FNP impressed me on several counts. The sear/hammer engagement surfaces are well thought out and executed, the trigger bar to sear engagement is done well, the ease & speed of detail stripping - to include frame rail removal/reinstallation is very nice, and the modular fire control group is a great feature. They've got a good recipe, and I think all the FNPs will catch on given time as folks learn more about them.

Fn-P9
June 21, 2007, 02:36 AM
<-----------------------:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Sorry for the sophomoric reply couldn't resist.

napoleon solo
June 21, 2007, 10:38 AM
I'll bet that price will tell.

Owen
June 21, 2007, 10:47 AM
They are priced like also-rans because they were designed to be inexpensive. When selling to bureaucrats the $ amt at the bottom of the page is often the most important info on the quote.

If you enjoyed reading about "FN's FNP-45 pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!