Shooting Times - Mossberg 4x4 review

PDA

Smitty in CT
June 21, 2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.shootingtimes.com/longgun_reviews/mossberg4x4_061907/

Gander Mountain has them in stock, has anybody tried one yet??

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting Times - Mossberg 4x4 review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
marksman13
June 22, 2007, 01:25 PM
Damn, no takers, huh? I was hoping someone would ccome along with something. I was thinking about adding one of these rifles to the fold for my wife to hunt with next year. Guess I may just get get an ATR.

DMK
June 22, 2007, 01:42 PM
When did Mossberg start making rifles again?

The only thing I'd ever seen from them are shotguns and those surplus 1940s 22LR rifles CMP used to sell.

Ash
June 22, 2007, 03:53 PM
Oh, Mossberg has made several centerfire rifles. The 800 was a short-action rifle similar to the current Browning A bolt which was made in the 1960's and 70's, had 6 locking lugs in two rows of three and was chambered in .243, .308, and .22-250 and had a bull barrel or sporter barrel option, the sporter featuring metal sights in addition to the scope. The Mossberg 810, introduced a few years later, was the long action version, but with four locking lugs in two rows of two, opposed. It was loaded in 7mm Mag, 30-06, 270 and another magnum round that escapes me at the moment. It was produced from the late 60's until the early 1980's. The RM-7 replaced it, but was only a modified 810.

When S&W dropped the Howa imports, Mossberg ceased centerfire production to import the Howa's as Mossberg 1500's.

The 100ATR is an evolved Howa/Savage hybrid. The 4x4 is a refined version of the ATR.

Ash

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting Times - Mossberg 4x4 review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!