G&A TV Starts July 1

PDA

Guntalk
June 25, 2003, 07:07 PM
The new Guns & Ammo Television show begins July 1 on The Outdoor Channel (not to be confused with OLN).

Dates and times (Eastern):

Tuesdays 4:30pm

Fridays 8:00pm

Sundays 9:00am

The show will run until the end of 2003.

If you enjoyed reading about "G&A TV Starts July 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jsalcedo
June 25, 2003, 09:50 PM
Looking foward to it.

P95Carry
June 25, 2003, 09:53 PM
In case I miss that (time, memory etc!) ........ add some feedback can ya after first one or two?

WingZero
June 25, 2003, 10:05 PM
SWEEEEET!:D
I'm pre-programming my VCR right now.

notbubba
June 25, 2003, 10:46 PM
:banghead:

OH GOOD!
I was afraid it would be on a channel I get.

Guntalk
June 26, 2003, 08:50 AM
>.OH GOOD!
I was afraid it would be on a channel I get.<<

No need to thank me. You would only have sat there and wasted more time watching cool guns and neat stories about gun history, gun people, gun companies, and gun accessories.

What a waste! <grin>

spacemanspiff
June 26, 2003, 01:04 PM
okay, for those of us who only get OLN will you kind souls be recording the shows and sending us the tapes? please? :(

DonP
June 26, 2003, 03:53 PM
Sad to say that my sattelite dish requires purchasing a bunch of crapola sports channels I could not care less about to get Outdoor.

Good luck though with the new show.

Don P.

Flashpoint
June 26, 2003, 03:59 PM
I'm realy not for sure though. Most of the time it is on one of the cartoon channels. I got kids-2 and 4 year old boys. Great kids someday they'll be great huntin and fishin buddies, but we won't tell there mom that;)

Flashpoint
June 26, 2003, 04:03 PM
If it comes up as "OTDCH", then I have it. If this is wrong please let me know so I don't end up whatching how to tie flies or something.

Guntalk
June 26, 2003, 04:56 PM
Okay, let's go over this again.

On both Dish Network and Direct TV, you can get The Outdoor Channel for two bucks a month.

You do NOT have to buy a package. You do NOT have to get a bunch of other stuff.

If someone at that satellite service says you, ask to speak to a supervisor, and say that you KNOW the Outdoor Channel is available a la carte, and that you want it for $1.95 a month (or whatever it is).

Period.

If you have satellite TV, you can get the Channel for two bucks a month.

See www.theoutdoorchannel.com for more.

firestar
June 26, 2003, 04:58 PM
Guns & Ammo T.V.? I only hope it lives up to the same hi standrads as their great gun rag.:barf:

In an hour long show, there will be 2-3 minuits of worthwhile viewing.:D At least you don't have to buy a subscription. I will probably watch it any way, just like I read the mag when I have one. I am a gun junky and even bad gun rags and bad gun T.V. is still better than non-gun stuff. What else am I gonna watch, Everybody Loves Ramon?:barf: :barf: :barf:

Guntalk
June 26, 2003, 05:02 PM
You just gotta love someone who trashes a gun program he has never seen.

As I've often said, if gun owners didn't have each other to hate, they would take up golf.

swingset
June 27, 2003, 04:44 AM
I won't trash it until I see it.

But, my wildly inventive imagination sees lots of smoke blowing at certain manufacturers, ignoring others completely, and dwelling on the highest echelons of the shooting sports and interests.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I do indeed hope I am. If I'm on the money, however, I'm gonna hop back on this forum and trash it. ;)

Sorry, I've always been this way.

Guntalk
June 27, 2003, 07:43 AM
>>however, I'm gonna hop back on this forum and trash it.

Sorry, I've always been this way.<<

No, it's not how you are. It is how you CHOOSE to behave.

You also have the choice of offering constructive ideas for the show, sharing how you would change it, suggesting events/topics you would cover . . .

That does take more effort than just trashing, doesn't it?

It's a choice.

As for featuring the companies which advertise . . .

Well, DUH! One could always take money from Springfield and then feature Glock, but that works for only one season.

Of course, if you hand me a half-million dollars a year, we can put on a show that features anything we want and tell the advertisers to get lost.

I'll take that in small bills. <grin>

DW
June 27, 2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the info Tom, I am looking forward to seeing it. I think another show like this can only be a good thing. More people need to be exposed to responsible gun ownership and the overall sport/hobby of firearms.

Good luck with the show! By the way, I also enjoy your radio show.

DW

blades67
June 27, 2003, 11:52 PM
Well, life just sucks for those of us without cable I guess.:banghead:

Hot brass
June 28, 2003, 12:19 AM
I used to love listening to your radio show in my neck of the woods. I have not heard your show in my area for a few years. Where can I find you on the radio? I live in Bakersfield,California.

HankB
June 28, 2003, 12:23 AM
my sattelite dish requires purchasing a bunch of crapola sports channels I could not care less about to get Outdoor. My cable company only carries it on their "digital" service which is not only significantly more expensive to begin with (due to the "improved quality" and the crapola channels they've added) but it would require me to rent one of their descramblers for EACH ONE of my TV sets. :barf:

I hate my cable company, but if I want to get a viewable picture . . .

10-Ring
June 28, 2003, 02:16 AM
Great! Another show I can't watch because my cable company doesn't carry it :banghead:

general
June 28, 2003, 08:55 AM
ACK! Adelphia! My arch enemy! They have foiled my plans again!

Keith
June 28, 2003, 03:57 PM
Egads! G&A is nothing but printed commercials for advertisers, ie: glowing reports on any gun made by companies who give them money. Now, we'll get to watch televised glowing reports on manufacturers who advertise with them! Great!

If you want a constructive idea for the show... do not allow anyone associated with G&A to have any input! That way the show will have some credibility.

Keith

Guntalk
June 28, 2003, 07:26 PM
>>If you want a constructive idea for the show... do not allow anyone associated with G&A to have any input! That way the show will have some credibility.<<

Too Late! I'm Editor At Large of G&A, and I'm the host of the show. <grin>

Guntalk
June 28, 2003, 07:29 PM
Hot Brass: How far is Bakersfield from Modesto or Fresno? The show is broadcast in those markets from 7:00pm til 10:00pm.

It's also live on the Sirius satellite radio system. www.sirius.com

And, of course, it is live on the net. www.guntalk.com

JeremyIA
June 29, 2003, 12:35 AM
Tom: Thanks for the info. I'm getting Sirius in two months (after all of the stereo system upgrades get paid for) so I can tune in and maybe call in without having to interrupt the broadcast. I'll still have to log out of the chat room to make a call though :banghead:

I work 70-75 hrs/wk so I'm never home enough to justify paying for television programming. Unfortunately I'll have to raid the VHS stashes of friends in order to watch the show. I'll bet the apartment managers will add it to the cable programming in the weight room if I ask them nicely enough. Them gals are the greatest!

Looking forward to tomorrow's Gun Talk!

P.S. Many folks here may not like magazines like G&A but I've got a story to tell. I'd still be very liberal on the gun issue if it were not for all of the magazines that my college roommate had stashed away on his bookshelf. What I read in those magazines changed me and my opinions. G&A isn't on my list of subscriptions but I have a few others (one of which publishes "Gresham on Guns" :D ). I subscribe to them because one of the "causes" I support also sells magazine subscriptions to raise funds. Why not double the bang for my buck by also supporting an industry that takes interest in other causes that are important to me?

Hot brass
June 29, 2003, 03:59 AM
Tom Bakersfield is 100 mi south of Fresno. I will check out the site. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "G&A TV Starts July 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!