Info Request: Husqvarna M40 (Swedish Copy Of Finland's L-35 Lahti)

PDA

nero45acp
June 24, 2007, 03:55 PM
I'd appreciate any info/opinions/experiences anyone here has with the Swedish Husqvarna M40. Specifically, how is this pistol in terms of reliability, durability, accuracy, trigger, and ease of field-stripping and cleaning? Also, will the recoil spring for a L-35 Lahti work OK in a Husqvarna M40? Thanks.

nero

If you enjoyed reading about "Info Request: Husqvarna M40 (Swedish Copy Of Finland's L-35 Lahti)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bannockburn
June 24, 2007, 08:08 PM
The L-35 and the M-40 appear to be almost identical in operation, though from two sources that I checked, it appears that the M-40 has a barrel that is about an inch longer than the L-35. I believe the barrel is also different in that it is 4 grooves, right hand twist versus 6 grooves, right hand twist for the L-35. Both guns are extremely well built and reliable. The M-40 also uses a captive recoil spring which keeps it positioned on the frame. I'm not sure if the L-35 spring is interchangeable with it. Also check for any cracks in the area where the accelerator strikes the frame. Designed as a sort of bolt assist in cold weather, it's continued use in warm climates and with heavier loads can cause damage to the gun. The good news is that it can be removed without affecting any change in the gun's operation.

nero45acp
June 25, 2007, 05:15 AM
Bannockburn, thank you for your helpful and informative reply.

Anyone else, have any info/experience with the Husqvarna M40?

nero

If you enjoyed reading about "Info Request: Husqvarna M40 (Swedish Copy Of Finland's L-35 Lahti)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!