Purchased & shot my first pistol

PDA

MrCleanOK
June 25, 2007, 11:54 PM
Hey folks. Sunday was my 21st birthday, and I went out and celebrated by buying my first handgun. I got a Springfield XD, compact service model in .45ACP. After getting my gun and a bag of bulk reloads my friend and I headed out to a nearby range.

Since I am new to pistol shooting, I set my target at 10 yds. On my first target I was I all over the place, but at least I was on paper. A few of those belong to my friend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/OkieBass133/06-1.jpg

After I felt like I was getting the hang of it I set out a new target, and I'd say that I showed some improvement. The ugly little booger on the bottom happened because my buddy switched up the timing between his shots and fired when I was in the middle of my trigger squeeze. 30 bullets went through this target. [EDIT] Oops, can't see the "ugly little booger" in this picture. He's out in the 6 ring. [EDIT]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/OkieBass133/06.jpg

Anyway, I just wanted to share a little bit of that good new-gun feeling with you folks. Happy shooting!

If you enjoyed reading about "Purchased & shot my first pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1BLINDREF
June 25, 2007, 11:58 PM
Welcome to THR! Nice first gun - Good luck with it.
Looks like you improved already, keep practicing :D

Spiff_P239
June 26, 2007, 01:02 AM
Congratulations on the purchase. The only thing you have to worry about now is trying to figure out what to buy next. There's always something to buy next.

sig228
June 26, 2007, 01:14 AM
There's always something to buy next

Ain't that the truth......:(

yhtomit
June 26, 2007, 01:34 AM
Better than my average grouping on the first day :)

Congratulations! I like my (full-size) XD-45, and the compact version seems like a good update to it.

However, ignore the "always something to buy next naysayers." They lie! You already have everything you need ...

... until the next time you're at the gun shop, or using the Internet :)

timothy

ArchAngelCD
June 26, 2007, 02:08 AM
Happy Birthday and congratulations on your first purchase. You bought a good pistol now just keep practicing and you will improve on every range trip.

ugaarguy
June 26, 2007, 02:19 AM
Very Good Shooting! Welcome to THR, happy birthday, and congrats on the new gun - continue to enjoy it.

10-Ring
June 26, 2007, 02:20 AM
Welcome to THR, happy b'day & congrats ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Purchased & shot my first pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!