Narc

PDA

Lightsped
June 26, 2003, 02:18 PM
Is the movie Narc any good as far as action and gunplay goes? Previews looked decent, but didn't know if I should get the DVD or not.

If you enjoyed reading about "Narc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rick newland
June 26, 2003, 02:59 PM
There isn't much gun play in the movie, but it does have a preatty decent story line. Better movie than "Dark Blue".

CZ-75
June 26, 2003, 03:11 PM
I just rented both titles. I concur that "Narc" has a good storyline, whereas "Dark Blue" is more two-dimensional and not as good as an episode of "The Shield" as a portrayal of corrupt cops trying to get justice outside the system.

Neither is that heavy on gunplay, but "Dark Blue" does have the edge between the two.

Not to spoil the story, which this won't, but "Narc" is about a former narcotics officer who makes a mistake and shoots a civilian, then is forced out of the PD. He's given a chance to come back, b/c of his connections to the street, to aid in solving the killing of another narc. The story keeps taking twists as we find the dead cop had lots of secrets and wasn't the "white knight" we and the Jason Patric character first thought.

MK11
June 27, 2003, 11:39 AM
I dunno, I liked the gunfights in Narc, they seemed edgier than Dark Blue. Especially the one that suddenly comes out of nowhere halfway through the movie. That made me jump.

sig970
June 27, 2003, 02:07 PM
I thought Narc had a quality storyline. Good movie with some fine acting

blades67
June 28, 2003, 12:32 AM
I thought Narc was a really good movie. The shooting sequences were fairly accurate and well done. I loved the 12 guage "bong" scene.:evil:

PUMC_TomG
June 28, 2003, 01:06 AM
I thought it was a pretty good, edgy movie with great cinematography.

And holy cow, who woulda guessed Busta Rhymes is a decent actor??? :what: :)

Sunray
June 28, 2003, 02:13 AM
Go rent 'Zulu'. Get 'Zulu Dawn" while you're at it. Watch Zulu Dawn first. Trust me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Narc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!