Reticles: Multi-X vs Mil Dot

PDA

RNB65
June 28, 2007, 06:00 PM
Please compare the Bushnell Multi-X reticle vs the Mil Dot reticle for varmint/target shooting out to 400-500 yards. Which is better?

If you enjoyed reading about "Reticles: Multi-X vs Mil Dot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
glockman19
June 28, 2007, 06:22 PM
i have and use both. The multi-X requires more guessing, where the mil dot can give you more accurate distances.

1 mil = 3.6" or 1 mil = 3.438 Minutes of Angle = 3.6" @ 100 yards.

The calculation is:

Height of target (yards) X 1,000 = Range (yards)
Height of target (mils)

Therefore you can calculate the distance.

RNB65
June 28, 2007, 08:14 PM
I'll probably go with the Multi-X then. Guessing is more fun than math. :)

ArchAngelCD
June 29, 2007, 01:48 AM
I'll probably go with the Multi-X then. Guessing is more fun than math.
NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!! :neener:

Onmilo
June 29, 2007, 08:52 AM
I have a 4X24 mil dot set up on a 24" barrel AR15.
I need a ballistic card or a calculator to get the right setting.
Being a big fan of technology, my preference is to use a laser rangefinder and set the turret accordingly.
This is even more accurate than trying to guess the height of a coyote or fox and then do the calculations and then decide which mil dot to center on the dog while he is casually ambling away.

Essex County
June 29, 2007, 01:29 PM
I never wanted a Mil Dot reticule until I bought a Bushnell 10X 3200. I see this as the bargain of the century and I have three at the present time. It does work well, I see this as a non issue........Essex

If you enjoyed reading about "Reticles: Multi-X vs Mil Dot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!