.17 Remington Fireball

PDA

Thad
June 29, 2007, 02:22 AM
I want one of these but is it pointless since I own a .17 HMR and a .204 Ruger:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about ".17 Remington Fireball" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Grumulkin
June 29, 2007, 07:16 AM
You're right; it's pointless. So, are you going to get one?

mscott
June 29, 2007, 08:18 AM
Don't start trying to justify gun purchases or rule out reasons. You never know when one of our wives might be looking at one of these threads. If you don't have one and want one, that equals a NEED for a new gun.

ArmedBear
June 29, 2007, 12:41 PM
If you don't own a cattle ranch with a serious prairie dog problem, they're ALL "pointless." And even if you do, there are loads of varmint hunters who will pay you for the privelege of ridding you of the pests (scam of the century, if you ask me).

Now that we've got that out of the way, why not?

It shoots a bit flatter than the .204 Ruger.

But it's a tad slower from the muzzle than the .17 Remington. Why not get that?

17Fireball:17Remington:204Ruger comparison

http://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/ballistics/comparative_ballistics_results.aspx?data=PRA17FB*PRA17RA*PRA204A

Thad
June 29, 2007, 08:07 PM
mscott is right I am just trying to justify a new rifle, ok I`ll get one!

ArmedBear
June 29, 2007, 11:23 PM
Exactly!:D

If you enjoyed reading about ".17 Remington Fireball" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!