CCW dedicated forum on THR ?

PDA

USGuns
June 26, 2003, 08:30 PM
Suggestion: THR needs a dedicated forum for CCW and related issues. e.g. Concealed carry handgun recommendations, holsters, techniques, license issues, etc. It seems there are plenty of questions is this area to justify a seperate dedicated forum.
Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW dedicated forum on THR ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carlos
June 26, 2003, 08:41 PM
I second that motion.

Croyance
June 26, 2003, 08:46 PM
Those questions seem to go to the Handguns: General Discussion forum. Sometimes in the Revolvers or Autoloaders section, if that is the personal taste of the person.
Why the need to subdivide more?

Dave R
June 26, 2003, 08:53 PM
I'm with Croy. Handguns/General seems to do OK. I wouldn't object--just don't see the need.

Safety First
June 26, 2003, 09:07 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me, CCW is a major topic..sooooo moderators, kick it around and see what you think.:)

DigMe
June 26, 2003, 10:16 PM
yeah those things get discussed here...but the problem is that you are likely to find the questions spread out among either of the handgun forums or the Firearm accessory forum. Occasionally General Discussion or Politics might get one too. I wouldn't mind a CCW forum.

brad cook

AJ Dual
June 26, 2003, 10:31 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5

nemesis
June 26, 2003, 11:07 PM
I asked that same question last December. The answer was that it would be considered at a later date.

Original Thread From December, Request For CHL (http://www.thehighroad.org./showthread.php?s=&threadid=348&highlight=nemesis)

As a CHL holder who carries daily, I'd like to express that the interests of those involved in CHL/CCW are somewhat unique and deserve a specialized place for discussion.

How about it?

With regard to AndrewWalkowiak's suggestion that "Strategies and Tactics" may encompass the needs of CHL holders but rappeling, SWAT teams, Ninjas and flare gun stopping power are not usually the most important questions on the minds of those who carry concealed.

Standing Wolf
June 26, 2003, 11:31 PM
I'm in favor of the idea.

Tamara
June 27, 2003, 04:54 AM
As a CHL holder who carries daily,

As someone who CCW's daily, I see CCW gun discussions in Handguns, CCW legal questions in Legal & Political, and CCW tactics and strategies being discussed in Strategies & Tactics.

As a person who thinks redundancy is best confined to backup guns, I have to ask: why can you not discuss these issues in the existing forums? :scrutiny:

.45Ruger
June 27, 2003, 02:19 PM
www.packinng.org is a site with a discussion forum devoted entirely to CCW.

Croyance
June 27, 2003, 05:54 PM
www.packinng.org is a site with a discussion forum devoted entirely to CCW. But Packing.org is not part of THR, though many of us use it as a reference.
I think questions about the actual guns go into the appropriate Handgun forum. Questions about how to conceal, what gear to use, and how to choose a gun go into the Handgun: General Discussion Forum, sometimes in the Gear forum. And the legal questions go into the Legal and Political.

USGuns
June 29, 2003, 01:04 AM
But wouldn't it be nice if all the above types of CHL/CCW questions were all consolidated in one place? Someone then with questions in all aspects of CHL/CCW could just peruse all the topics in one convenient forum. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "CCW dedicated forum on THR ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!